adding files to a cdrw

LogicMan

Registered
Hello,
Is it possible to add files to an already burnt cd-rw. I can do it on my pc so why not on the mac?
Please advice? Currently I am using the finder to burn disks (or the program which came with os 10.x

Thanks!

LogicMan said:
Hello,
Is it possible to add files to an already burnt cd-rw. I can do it on my pc so why not on the mac?
Please advice? Currently I am using the finder to burn disks (or the program which came with os 10.x

Thanks!

Toast!

LogicMan said:
Please advice?
This feature is called packet writing and as yet it is not available for mac os x. It basically means you can treat your cd-rw as if it was a floppy or other removable drive. I remember once seeing a very detailed discussion as to why this wasn't available but I can't remember the details.

DeltaMac said:
Allowing additional burns is also supported in Disk Copy, but is different from above. e.g. if you want to add a 126 kb word document to a disk in packet writing you just throw it in, in Toast and Disck copy that 126 kb file will turn up on the desktop as a separate CD image (unless this feature has been introduced into Toast 6 but I doubt it as I think its more to do with the system architecture of OSX).

You can wipe a cd-rw using Disk Copy (or Disk Utility in 10.3), I believe. Then you can fill it up again.

Random read/write is not supported yet in OS X, as previously mentioned.

Doug

Any idea when this feature will be implimented? In a 10.3.2 update or something? I'd like to start using CDRWs this way. If I bought a copy of Toast, would THAT be able to do random read/writes?

I have never heard of any feature in Toast that enables random reads and writes. I don't think so.

Doug

I have read a detailed description of this somewhere and I'm pretty sure I remember that it was a limitation imposed by the OS itself, not by any 3rd party applications.

Back