Adding to the Context Menu

vinnytroia

Registered
One of the features i miss most about the pc is the ability to right-click anywhere and create 'a new text document'. I was wondering if there was a way to edit the osx 10.4 context menu to achieve the same result? In this case, it would launch the osx version of wordpad.

vinnytroia said:
One of the features i miss most about the pc is the ability to right-click anywhere and create 'a new text document'. I was wondering if there was a way to edit the osx 10.4 context menu to achieve the same result? In this case, it would launch the osx version of wordpad.

Well to add to Contextual Menu Items mosey over to your Hard Drive->Users->Your User Name->Library->Contextual Menu Items. This is where you add things. To make the right click you want do these steps:

1. Download the Big Cat plugin and install it in Your Home Folder->Library->Contextual Menu Items.

2. Log out or restart.

3. Right click on the desktop, select Scripts->Open in TextEdit

Now if you want to use a text program (like Microsoft Word) it will involve a little bit more. It would require making an AppleScript to put into Contextual Menu Items.

A suggestion (not quite your ideal) :
Drag the app that you want to use into the Dock(TextEdit is roughly equivalent to WordPad). One of the Dock's purposes is to help you work faster by giving you single-click access to your commonly used apps and documents.

Back