Adobe crack down

Winblows

Apathetic
if youre running a "non-purchased" version of adobe products...This includes photoshop 6 and 7, and illustrator 9 and 10. This can be disabled though. First Make sure to physically disconnect your computer from any internet connection during the installation of any new adobe software. Once the software is installed do the following:

***Under Mac OS 9.x/ Classic:***

subject matter removed

***Under Mac OS X:***

subject matter removed
***Under Windoze***

subject matter removed

it was annonymously passed on from an annonymous friend who works at an annonymous company that makes an anonnynous program version 7.0 for OS X ;)

This "anonymous" information is bogus, as far as I know. The "Adobe OnLine" thingy in all the new Adobe applications does NOT pass any kind of registration or license information to or from Adobe.

The only thing you would be doing by following this procedure is effectively disabling the "Adobe Online" functionality of the Adobe applications -- which is something you shouldn't be afraid of anyways. Again, no registration information is passed through Adobe Online.

I seriously doubt that Adobe will "crack down" on you through this mechanism.

well there must be something because i have seen it happen.. lets call this man Bob.. Bob opened an adobe application that is illegally obtained while online and it said that his version of photoshop has been terminated and he must reinstall it, yet when he tried with that same serial number it no longer worked, yet on a different computer it did, and once the files were removed it didnt happen..so maybe you can explain this to me with fact instead of opinion

I have never had any problems running Adobe apps without any sort of folder deleting, no problems at all, and to top it off, MY INTERNET CONNECTION IS NOT ACTIVE WHATSOEVER during the install of any Adobe app (I have a packet monitor). Therefore saying to disconnect during the install is pointless, and I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that Adobe sends serial number information through Adobe Online.

has been on Carracho, HL et al for a good 18-24 months now, normally in the form of a text doc titled Adobe Warning.

I have a friend, he's called Bob too :).

He installed Photoshop 7 and get an illegal number in it. After 2 launches, the application said 'The password is invalid for your request'. Bob was disappointed.

It was 7.5 Photoshop.

Originally posted by Winblows
so maybe you can explain this to me with fact instead of opinion

You started the thread -- YOU prove that it's actually happening.

Gimme a screen shot of this "rejected password" thing happening. Give me a packet scan or whatever the TCP/IP gurus do and disassemble one and show me that my serial number (or other pertinent information) is being sent back to Adobe to determine whether it's a valid serial number or not.

This Adobe Online thing has been around for quite some time now -- AT LEAST since PhotoShop 6. This crack for supposedly circumventing the piracy measures Adobe has taken hasn't yet proven that it works, nor has it proven that Adobe is actually doing this. Adobe Online is meant to enhance your PhotoShop experience, not check serial numbers.

Gimme something else to go on other than your good word and I'll consider believing it. Screen shot, some kind of log file, some proof, something.

i posted to inform people, i dont have to prove anything to you, it is up to you to believe me or not. i figured someone might benefit from this information so as not to happen to them.

Well, I'll try to be as factual as possible...

FACT: I work with and know many people that use PhotoShop 7. Some of them legitimately own it. The others are using pirated copies/pirated serial numbers.

FACT: None of them have ever reported being "cracked down upon" by Adobe. Almost all of them have the Adobe Online thing running and none of them have deleted the files you suggested deleting.

FACT: I have read numerous testimonials from different corners of the web saying that the Adobe Online mechanism sends absolutely no serial number information over the internet to Adobe or to anywhere.

FACT: No one has proved that Adobe Online or the files you mentioned have ANYTHING to do with Adobe performing serial number checks. No one has proven that Adobe Online does anything but what it's advertised to do.

In my own, humble opinion, I believe that there are a TON of people out there using pirated copies/pirated serial numbers for PhotoShop 7. I think that quite a few of these people are paraoid about being caught, and ANY kind of internet-related activity will be looked upon and scrutinized and possibly blocked because of this paranoia.

It is SO easy to even tell the Adobe application that you don't want to use Adobe Online and you are even given the option of NOT sending your registration information (which isn't the serial number -- it's your name and email and whatever else information they ask for).

AFAIK, there is NO software out there today that secretly sends your serial number back to the manufacturer for review. Anyone know of anything like this?

do you suppose there might be different versions or photoshop or faulty cracks out there that might be causing certain users to have it die on them?

Bob opened an adobe application that is illegally obtained while online and it said that his version of photoshop has been terminated and he must reinstall it, yet when he tried with that same serial number it no longer worked, yet on a different computer it did, and once the files were removed it didnt happen..so maybe you can explain this to me with fact instead of opinion
That's happened to me before also... i entered a bad code... then i got another code and it worked fine... jeez....

i don't know why it worked when he got rid of those files, but if it worked, good for him...

and i use adobe online all the time along with Adobe Xchange! it's not once been a problem for me...

AFAIK, there is NO software out there today that secretly sends your serial number back to the manufacturer for review. Anyone know of anything like this?
Windows and Windows Product Activation (but that's also easily gotten rid of... i've done it on 5 computers already)

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
Windows and Windows Product Activation (but that's also easily gotten rid of... i've done it on 5 computers already)

Windows and Windows Product Activation does NOT secretly send your serial number back to Microsoft for review. It blatantly does it, right there, in front of your eyes, and you have to agree to do it, otherwise the product won't work.

I'm talking about applications that secertly send your serial number back to the company without your knowledge or without bringing it to your attention and then shut off if they find a pirated serial number with no further warning. That's what these people are claiming Adobe does, with which I disagree.

rumor has it that all 1045 serials, the ones distributed with betas, are expired. These quit working 6-01-02. This is why people are recieving a notice that their serial isnt valid. Plain and simple. If the serial is a time based serial, like a beta serial, then it will stop working after the termination date.

There isnt any "secret" data submission to adobe. That is invasion of privacy on adobes behalf unless they state it in the EULA. So read your EULA's.

Originally posted by Winblows
i posted to inform people, i dont have to prove anything to you, it is up to you to believe me or not. i figured someone might benefit from this information so as not to happen to them.
A little late to the discussion, but...

If you claim something is true, what is wrong about asking for proof? For example, if I claim that I have an email that is being tracked by Bill Gates and Walt Disney World, and I'll get $10,000,000 when it goes around the world twice, wouldn't you want proof?

I'm not saying your claim is anywhere near as silly as mine. But I don't think it's such a ridiculous thing for ElDiabloConCaca to ask you for evidence of what you are saying is happening. And yes, repeating something that someone else said is the same as saying it yourself, in my mind.

It's called Spyware guys. And it is coming to the Mac OS if you like it or not. A few companies introducing this includes Adobe, Macromedia, iMedia, and Corel. Though nothing serous has come up yet those businesses do get you IP, registration ID, and any other personal information you have stored in an specific file.

You want proof? You can do one (or all) of the following:

1) Read this article: http://www.team2600.com/articles/spyware.html

2) Install an Adobe app (illegally) while connected to the internet. Then e-mail Adobe and ask them if they have your IP stored in their database. :)

3) Just take my word for it.

I have been reading up on this today. Adobe is doing it. I am curious on what is being sent. Is it just your IP or both IP and serial?

If IP's are being sent, and say you are behind a router, what IP is being sent? Is it your lan IP? or your WAN IP used by your router?

piracy piracy piracy :p
har har har.. I hear ye pirates unhooking yer internet connections already ;)

(I love my pirate voice :p)

Your IP is sent to Adobe, just like your IP is sent with ANYTHING you send. If they choose to log it, great! That's common practice! Check how many ISPs, businesses and plain old web pages log it! Almost ALL of them! Does that mean THEY'RE spying on your serial numbers, too? Hell no! No one is at this point in time! Not even Microsoft!

Also, in the information that is sent to Adobe, your serial number remains secure. Your serial number that you used to register the program IS NOT sent along with the rest of the information -- oh, and by the way, the only information that IS sent is the information you chose to include in their little registration process, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, whether you want Adobe-solicited emails, etc. Your serial number is NOT included in that information, nor is ANY information Adobe could use against you.

This isn't spyware. You know EXACTLY what you're sending to Adobe, and it ain't your serial number.

Back