Adobe Flash Problems on Mac OS X 10.5

David Ahmad

Registered
OSX 10.5 Problems with Adobe Flash Video .flv format
I have encountered problems getting my mac to download videos that are on my website in .flv format. The download appears as a page of code! My PC downloads and views the content just fine. My friend has a macbook with version 10.4.11 and it downloads and plays the video files without a problem. My mac is 10.5. I have also had another friend try on their mac 10.5 and they have the same issue as I do...Any ideas?

Well Adobe (in their bad programing) made some strange changes in the current flash that played a lot of havoc especially for 10.4.11 users as well as 10.5.x users. So to get of ALL the parts of Flash Player you must download the current Flash Player and use the installer to deinstall the current running Flash Player (while having closed ALL browsers). Then RESTART (this is important)!!!

Lastly now use the installer to install the Flash Player. Now all browser plugins in either /Library/Internet-Plugins/ or /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Internet-Plugins/. Removing the Plugin while the browser is closed is also important.

Back