Adobe Illustrator Saves Duplicate Files

mt55

Registered
Since I started working on Tiger OS, Illustrator (10) saves duplicates of my working files when I use the simple "save" command. The duplicate files have numerical titles. Sometimes, everytime I command save, a duplicate file is made.

I have run into this issue with a few different versions of Illustrator. I wrote an AppleScript that opens all EPS files in a selected folder and does a "save as" over the original. Subsequent edits to the files do not result in the duplicates being created. I believe the cause is that the files are from a previous version or another platform.

display dialog "Open and Save As EPS files in Illustrator CS5" buttons "" giving up after 2
set sourceFolder to choose folder with prompt "Choose an input folder."
set folderName to name of (info for sourceFolder)
set targetPath to sourceFolder as string

tell application "Finder" to set theFiles to files of folder sourceFolder whose name extension is in {"eps", "ai"} or kind contains "Postscript" or kind contains "EPS" or kind contains "Illustrator"

repeat with oneFile in theFiles
tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
activate
set fName to name of oneFile
set savePath to sourceFolder & fName
open (oneFile as alias)
tell front document
save as eps in sourceFolder
close saving no
end tell
end tell
end repeat

tell application "Finder"
activate
display dialog "Done" buttons "" giving up after 3
end tell

Are you saving files to your local hard drive or a connected server? Illustrator sometimes doesn't play well with servers, depending on how they are configured; and make sure your file names aren't too long.

Back