Adobe Photoshop 7.0

Photoshop 7 and Image Ready 7 have the greatest splash screen I've ever seen. See:

photoshop7-splash.jpg

Imageready7-splash.jpg

:D

It should be about 3 weeks from now. Adobe started taking preorders last week, and they usually do that when they feel they are about 4 weeks from shipping.

Of course, there could be some last minute snags (ala GoLive 6) that could delay it, but judging from the quality of the builds b69-74, it should arrive on time....

Now, when can we expect Dreamweaver MX?

Very nice splash. I hope I get PS7. My dad's university just got PS6, so I'm assuming they preordered 7 or something, and got 6 to tide them over, hopefully ;)

Wow! The Beta 43 splash screens are totally different. The Photoshop one has that gothic scene and says ""Liquid Sky". It's actually still called Photoshop 6 in it. ImageReady is called Adobe Eelpout.

yeah I know. I've had like all the betas between 43 and 74. It's been a weird and exciting trip.:D

Anyone have a collection of all the splash screens? That would be pretty interesting.

Only beta I have used is 43. Stable as hell though. Have they started hiding the Dock when it's in focus?

Originally posted by hazmat
Anyone have a collection of all the splash screens? That would be pretty interesting.

Only beta I have used is 43. Stable as hell though. Have they started hiding the Dock when it's in focus?

The betas have only had 2 splash screens. The Liquid Sky screen and the ones I posted.

The dock dosen't automaticly hide automaticly. At least not in the 74 beta.

take a look the at the command+about photoshop easter egg...

note the electric cat in the left side... that is from Photshop 4 or 5. can't remember which.

nice. :D

Attachments

• sky.jpg
    sky.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 88
That was fun. Got anymore? BTW, that cat looks like Bill the Cat from Bloom County...anyone remember Bloom County?

Originally posted by rinse
take a look the at the command+about photoshop easter egg...

note the electric cat in the left side... that is from Photshop 4 or 5. can't remember which.

nice. :D

That is the regular splash screen from Photoshop 7 Beta 43 (not sure about other betas).

I think Photoshop 4 was dubbed 'Big Electric Cat', Photoshop 5 was 'Strange Cargo' (with the Cat in a wooden box on the Sea). Can't remember what 6 was... 'Liquid Sky' is 7.

yes, fryke. the coolest part of the electric cat was the "option+command:about photshop" triggered meow sound.

ha.

because they understand that they have a very large customer base which uses photoshop for print work. and because even web designers should first conceptualise before producing, this is the way to go, i believe. i hope they never make the two apps *one* app. right now it's greatest.

Back