Advice on scond hand TiBook

lonny

Fearless Thinker
I've finally made my mind up! I'm buying a TiBook. Alu's look sexy, but, as I'm working with audio, I feel like I stil lwant to use my classic programs (most of wich aren't available for OSX yet).

So.. I found a TiBook 867Mhz, 3 months old (basically the entry level TiBook befire the Alu's arrived). I'm going to have a look probably tomorrow, as it is in my city.

The guy is asking 1900 euros. Considering that an entry level AluBook is 2400 euros, do you think it's a good deal?

:confused:

Thanks, Hulk, I think that's what I'm doing!
I'm sooo excited! My first Powerbook! :D

BTW, I was in Greece last summer for the first time (Crete)and I really had a great time! ;)

If you don't need Bluetooth or AirPort Extreme, go for it. A TiBook is a great notebook! But take a GOOD look at the actual device before giving out any money. Also ask about its quirks... And set up a little contract about the device's quality etc.

I would save some money and go for the alubooks, if you ask me. You get a lot more features with the new alubooks..
Sorry for calling back the balance... ;)

Thanks fryke!
I actually already have a bluetooth adapter, so that is not a problem (even though an integrated interface is more elegant..)

The machine, being only 3 months old, is still coveder by warranty, so it should be a safe purchase.

Maybe checking all the original seals are in place could be a good idea?

P.S. Zammy, Alu's are very good laptops, but I think that I will need to boot in OS9 for some time... At least until they port all the music apps that I use to OSX. I couldn't live without ReBirt338! :p

I finally went to see it yesterday.
It's in an immaculate state: perfect with full warranty for 9 more months! I love it.
Only thing.. a burnt pixel on the top of the screen. Barely noticeble (with such a high res), but still...
Well, I'm getting 50 euros discont for it, so final price is 1850 euros.

It's mine in a couple of days! I'm sooo excited that I wanted to share! ;)

Yeah, welcome to the Club of TiBook owners! And I'm sure you already know by now that we became the last of our kind some days ago! :D ;)

Enjoy!

I think we should manage some kind of priviledged access to this forum for all tibook owners. It takes a lot to be such a memeber in these days! Esspecially for those who purchased one lately... ;)

So.. I found a TiBook 867Mhz, 3 months old (basically the entry level TiBook

This definitely isn't the entry level TiBook. The first was the 400Mhz.

he meant the entry level tibook 3 months ago.

Exactly! Actually I still have to see Alu's in shops...

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me to the club! I absolutely love my TiBook!
It's just so cute and slim and.. well, you know that already! ;)

I took it to work with me and my collegues were green with envy!
A collegue (girl) came up to me and said:
"I'm going to call the IT dept., I want one of those too!" and then she went on:
"Is that a DELL?" :confused:

::ha::

I really think I made a fantastic purchase, there's actually not much more in AluBooks for me..
and my bluetooth dongle works just fine.

So.. can I have special privileges as a Ti user now? :D

P.S. I'm off to change my signature now...

Heh...

It's been my experience that people bargain a lot more overseas than in the States, especially in Mediterranean/Middle Eastern nations, but also the rest of Europe (wait! Italy's Mediterranean—oh, never mind). So that's where I was coming from with that comment. Over here in the United States, people are a lot more likely to buy something at face value instead of trying to haggle the price down a little bit (it happens, but not as much).

And getting a whole 50 Euros off for only 1 dead pixel is still quite a good deal.

But it is SO fun to bargain for something! People who live in the good, old, US of A should know better! After all, they are the ones who auction for anything THAT much :p

Or if you prefer: eBay THAT much ;)

Congratulations on the new TiBook. I love my TiBook. It was one of the better computer purchases I've made. (Pat myself on the back).

I'm a tad bugged by the paint chipping. I have been extremely careful with mine and it still has a few small chips in the paint. But I love the laptop and I get tons of complements when I visit the coffee shops.

Back