Aftermarket Print cartridges

FranceyS

Registered
iMacG5 OSX Ver 10.3.9
Epson Stylus CX4600 printer

With purchase of my iMacG5, I received a free Epson printer Stylus CX4600

Ran out of black ink. Replaced w/Epson black cartridge. Printed a few
copies, then it wouldn't print because it ran out of yel magen & blue also.
Unlike HP printers' 1 colored cartridge, Epson requires 3 indiv cartridges @ $40. That seemed excessive, so ordered after-market G&G at 3 for $18.
Received Yel Magen & Blue cartridges. Removed insert block on G&G . Shook gently and Set cartridges in printer easily.

I now have one new black Epson and 3 colored G&G cartridges. However, nothing will print out. G&G instructions indicated that Epson has a 'smart chip' installed to stop me from using aftermarket cartridges.
I was advised to override chip the following way:
First: I uninstalled the Epson Driver and then reinstalled it. No print.
2nd Try: Uninstalled entire Epson software, reinstalled it. No print.

I don't know what next to do to activate the printing process and/or override the 'smartchip'. I'm sure it's easily done or they wouldn't sell aftermarket cartridges. Can anybody direct me? Please be specific as I need direction. Thank you. Francey

Delta: Thanks for the hint. I checked it out and it says not for wide format cartridges, whatever that means, and says it's mainly for those that 'refill' their cartridges... I'm too unfamiliar with these unknowns to take a chance. I suppose I shouldn't have bought these aftermarket cartridges.

Surely someone reading these messages has gone this route already and can direct me in the proper way to 'override' this chip. I hope so, anyway. Bye Francey

After market cartridges ruined my Epson 825. Now I stick with Epson ink.

No positive input here made me decide to end my quest for help on the aftermarket cartridges. I invested in the very expensive $46 cost of 3 Epson cartridges today. No wonder they give the printers away as incentives when buying a computer. Around $75 all told for refill ink. <smile> 2 refills are more than the cost of the printer. My old HP, 7 years in use, is still going strong on just the magenta ink.
Never had a day's problem with it. <smile> Thanks for the input. This ends this inquiry.

My wife got a "great deal" on some aftermarket carts for my Epson Stylus 84C.

They were a total waste of time. Yes, the printer worked but the colours were so milky and washed-out I tossed the things long before their useful life was up. I now have ongoing problems with the print heads needing cleaning waaaay too often.

Nothing but manufacturer carts for my printers... despite the ridiculous prices!

I have been buying Epson after market cartridges at bestpriceink.com and it has truly been as good as original Epson ink without exception.

If you need to understand the different types of inks involved or how to defeat cartridge chips go to alotofthings.com they are the experts

Back