AIM for Macs

Raj1313

Registered
I must be a moron or asking this. For some reason when I download something it automatically tries to open in Xcel.

I am trying to download AIM for MAC's it's actually a .bin file.

Any help to change this first issue and help figureing out which programs open files let me would be appreciated.

I am relatively disapppinted that I have to choose the program to open it with and it does nto recognize it itself.

for the reference, there a huge difference between Mac and MAC. MAC is a Media Access Control. I know MAC sound like Mac but again, Mac is more proper word for Macintosh.

You can try Adium, great aim for mac.Link to Adium site

Thanks alot for the quick response. Does anyone know how to change the seting for how I open filed? for some reason hen i download a .bin file it automatically opens in Excel. Very strange. On a PC I can easily change it, but I have no idea what program uses bin files.

Thanks guys. It may take me a while to get used to a mac after using pcs for 20 years, but I'm already very impressed. the learning curve is just huge though.

On any file you can do this combination of keys:
apple and i together. This is Get Info, rather like properties on Windows.
You can change the open with option there.

may be a silly question, but why not just use apple's ichat that is on your computer allready, for it is an aim client.

may be a silly question, but why not just use apple's ichat that is on your computer allready, for it is an aim client.

For me, it rather flawed. i know every program has it flaws but iChat..... it didnt always see my friend that is using a sidekick. 50% of the time, it thinks it using a computer but my friend using a mobile. File Transfer is hard on iChat, because when i try to transfer a file to my friend but it grayed out for no reason. it using a computer and iChat show my friend using a computer but file transfer is grayed out. so i have to use Adium to use the file transfer and it allow it. i noticed if im file transfering to iChat client, it works. but it not a iChat client, it just grayed out. i just dont understand why iChat do that. maybe it a bug? or it just the way it is?

Back