Airbook won’t turn on

Rhisiart

Registered
My daughter has a five year old Airbook with a brand new battery fitted recently but when she presses the power button the laptop will not start up.
Any suggestions anyone please?

Just an obvious question: Have your plugged that Airbook in to charge the battery and while plugged in try starting it?

Just an obvious question: Have your plugged that Airbook in to charge the battery and while plugged in try starting it?
Hi Cheryl. Yes my daughter has had the Macbook Air on charge and is still won't start up.

I would add that it is a 2014 model so it can't be repaired if it needs new parts.

I would add that it is a 2014 model so it can't be repaired if it needs new parts.
I wouldn't say that. If we can find out what the problem is, you can get parts to do the repair yourself. The trick is to find out why it will not start.

Next step: Does it show anything on the screen? Does it give any sounds? Do you hear the fan running?

I wouldn't say that. If we can find out what the problem is, you can get parts to do the repair yourself. The trick is to find out why it will not start.

Next step: Does it show anything on the screen? Does it give any sounds? Do you hear the fan running?
No sounds and nothing shows on the screen. No fans are running.

You say it can't be repaired, yet you state it has a brand new battery. Who did it? You?--retrace your installation. Someone else?--have them do the same.

You say it can't be repaired, yet you state it has a brand new battery. Who did it? You?--retrace your installation. Someone else?--have them do the same.
Thanks for your reply. My daughter changed the battery herself because she thought that was why the Macbook Air was not turning on, but it made no difference.

Has she tried starting in recovery mode? Is she able to connect it to a different Mac to do Target disk mode?

I also wondered if there might be an SMC issue, off the top of my head. But there is another thing to rule out: is it possible to swap the charger? It's possible that is the problem and so the laptop does not receive any power. Also, here's a list of a few things to try:

I also wondered if there might be an SMC issue, off the top of my head. But there is another thing to rule out: is it possible to swap the charger? It's possible that is the problem and so the laptop does not receive any power. Also, here's a list of a few things to try:

Thanks bbloke. I think the charger is working as the charging light shows as green when the laptop is fully charged up. My daughter spoke with Apple Support and they suggested that the logic board was the problem and needs replacing.

Back