Airport Card For Older Sawtooth G4 500MHZ

wildchild

Registered
Hey folks I just got back from my local Apple store where I purchased a Aiport Extreme base station and Airport card for my IBook works great ! I was up in running in a mater of minutes :D

Now the next thing I would like to do is get my old Sawtooth G4 500 Mhz donkey of a machine going through the same Airport Extreme. Can I add a standard Airport card some where inside my old Sawtooth ? or do I have to keep it hard wired until it just dies a slow death ?

Thanks

Dan

wildchild said:
Hey folks I just got back from my local Apple store where I purchased a Aiport Extreme base station and Airport card for my IBook works great ! I was up in running in a mater of minutes :D

Now the next thing I would like to do is get my old Sawtooth G4 500 Mhz donkey of a machine going through the same Airport Extreme. Can I add a standard Airport card some where inside my old Sawtooth ? or do I have to keep it hard wired until it just dies a slow death ?

Thanks

Dan

You can install an Airport card (not an Airport Extreme) in your Sawtooth, follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS (mentions an adapter which I don't think is included now - all you need is the card)
Would also be a great time to add some memory to the G4 (big performance increase, if you still have 256 MB)

DeltaMac said:
You can install an Airport card (not an Airport Extreme) in your Sawtooth, follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS (mentions an adapter which I don't think is included now - all you need is the card)
Would also be a great time to add some memory to the G4 (big performance increase, if you still have 256 MB)

Thanks for the info oh yeah I have added much more memory to my old work horse :)

Back