Airport Express Trouble!

Miss Leviathan

Registered
Hey everyone. I'm having a strange problem with my Airport Express.
First off - I have a Macbook Pro Version 10.5.8 connected wirelessly through my Airport Express router, and I have the router hard lined into my Arris modem with Cox Cable as my service provider. Everything was working fine, and when I left for the holiday I unplugged my AE router. When I returned and plugged my router back in it went through the boot up process and turned green. I opened Safari and my internet worked fine.. for about a minute.. then it wouldn't load pages anymore. The blue load bar would go about half way and then nothing would ever happen.. I have tried going through the Airport Express Utility and redone my entire network. The same thing happens every time. I get a green light, internet for a moment, and then nothing. I have also tried turning my macbook off and holding down Shift, Control, Option, Command, and the Power button for a second, then letting off and restarting to reset my internal Airport Express thing and that didn't work either. I can hard line into my modem and get internet so I know it isnt the service provider or modem. And I also know the AE router isn't broken because it worked perfectly fine before I cut power to it.. What happened!?!? Someone help me.. it's driving me insane I think..

Em

Chances are fair that your Airport Express may be toast. As I recall they have power supply problems particularly in some early French built models. Seems like some of those had an average life of around 18 months before failure.

You may need to reboot (pull the power, wait 30 seconds, power back up) the Cox cable modem.

Cable modems are picky about being moved from computer to computer, or, in your situation, about having the router/computer they're connected to powered off and on without also having the modem do a power cycle as well.

Try rebooting the cable modem, and if that doesn't work, report back and we'll try another route.

I've rebooted the modem several times. All it does is allow me temporary internet access, then the same thing happens. The pages fail to load afterwards but my airport express green light is still green!!!

Back