Airport Extreme Card Problem

briwea

Registered
hi guys, my name is Brian and I have a macbook with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Processor with 2 gigs of ram, Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07, Serial Number (system) W87191DTYA4, Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B631DC13F, Bus Speed: 667 MHz and an AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x87) card, and the reason for this email is that I think that the airport card might be bad, I’ve tried everything that I can think of from rebooting the netgear wireless router (WGR614 v6) to renewing the DHCP Lease to resetting the router (by using a paper clip in the hole on the back), it won’t connect to any networks, all is does is timeout, I have it setup like this, a cable from the modem to the router and a cable from the router to the macbook when I’m downstairs because the router is downstairs and the macbook is upstairs and even when I take the macbook downstairs and sit in a chair which is less than 5 feet away from the router it still doesn’t connect (I have to go hardwired to connect to the internet), when I go into the utilities folder inside the applications and try the airport utility this is what I get: “airport utility was unable to find any airport wireless devices, make sure the airport wireless device you want to set up is plugged in and in range of your computer, and then click rescan to try again” and then when I try the Network utility I get the following: “link speed: 0 Mbit/s and Link status inactive and it will show that way more recv packets are lost but there’s no recv errors or send errors and when I ping I get: ping: sendto: no route to host and at the end I get 10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss. any help would be welcomed. I live on the eastcoast right outside of Philadelphia, Pa.

thanks

Brian

Can you see your network name in the Airport menu on your Macbook?
Do other wireless devices connect to your wireless router without problems?
Can your MacBook connect to OTHER wireless networks at all? (Starbucks, bookstore, etc?)

Note - your Airport Utility will ONLY see Apple Airport Base Stations. That is its only purpose in life. It will not do anything with a netgear router, and can't see it. It is not designed to work with any other brand of router.

Back