Airport Extreme card

whatislovenow

Registered
Hello having some internet problems.
I have a G4 ibook with a airport extreme.
When trying to connect to my network i can't, it says that there is no connect. even though i can connect to other ppls networks wireless, but with my own i can not. I did take it to the mac store in my town, they were able to connect to their wireless network with out a problem so they were able to help me. They said i should try to buy a new wireless card and see how that works, i don't think i need too though. My room mate also works on a mac wireless and is able to connect to our network with out a problem.

Please i need help!

Crystal

You G4 is OLD!!!! So what wireless security is on the wireless and what type of wireless security can the OLD G4 use?

If it's an Airport Extreme, should it really matter if she's got a G4 iBook? At the very least she might have WPA support along with 802.11g.

Heck, my iMac G5 isn't that brand new but the Airport Extreme card that's in it seems to be holding its own. :confused:

The Airport Extreme should work fine as NixGeek said. The iBook isn't too old. I'm using one at work.

1. Try rebooting your router. Pull the the power cord on it and then plug it back in. If that doesn't work, have you tried resetting your wireless router? There likely is a tiny reset button on the back that you'll have to press for several seconds with a ballpoint pen. Read your documentation for details.

2. Try to get your Mac working with an unprotected network. No WPA protection. Does that work?

3. Add WPA protection and try to get your iBook to connect to that. If you have an Apple wireless router, use the Airport Setup Assistant (I think that's the name) or Airport Utility. (It looks like the Assistant doesn't exist in 10.5 Leopard so I assume the Airport Utility has similar function.) If you have a Linksys or DLink or whatever, you'll have to read your documentation. Don't use the old, useless WEP protection BTW. It can be bypassed in about a minute using freely available tools on the net.

Finally, there are several goofy problems that could cause connection issues. Is your wireless phone sitting too close to your router, for example? Post again if you can't get it working.

D

Back