all-in-one G3 USB card compatability

peterp100

Registered
I have an all-in-one G3. I installed 9.2.2 and a usb card. The brand new USB card did not recognize any USB devices. I pulled a card out of another computer that worked fine, plugged the card into the all-in-one and still nothing. I switched the card between all PCI slots, and nothing worked. Does anyone have suggestions or experience with this?

Thankyou,

Peter

Did you install OS 9 first, then the USB card, then the driver for the card?

What you need is the USB drivers so the system knows what to look for. Check your Extension folder for:
USB Device Extension
USB HID Driver
USB software Locator
USB Apple Monitor Module

These are needed.

I installed OS 9.2.2 first. I then installed the USB card. All USB extentions needed are in the extentions folder. The card is recognized as a USB card in the apple system profiler, however, no devices show up. When plugging in a USB mouse that has an internal glow, there is no glow. When viewing USB log messages from apple system profiler, there are lots of errors and drivers that fail to load. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

Did the card come with any software? If you installed it, then you have to make Apple's usb extensions inactive. (from Extension Manager or doing it manually and dragging the files to the Extensions (disabled) folder.
Did you make sure the card is sitting snug in its slot?
Did you do a desktop rebuild?

the USB card probably needs a driver, You said the card worked in another system, was that a Mac also running OS 9? If so, you should be able to find a driver with the VENDORs name (not the Card suppliers name - might be the same, but sometimes the vendors name will be associated with the driver only) Vendors name can be found where the card is displayed in your Apple System Profiler

Back