Announcing macosx.com fantasy baseball 2003

edX

mac shaman
It's that time of the year again and we're once again organizing a fantasy baseball league. it's open to all members of our site.

Major league baseball starts play on march 25 so i will let signups continue until march 22, at which time i will declare us ready to draft provded we have the required 'even number' of teams.

anyone can play this, no need to follow baseball or even know how it is played. it's an online game that has it's own rules and tricks for winning. and it's FREE. all you need is a Yahoo id. which is also free if you don't have one already. several of our european members did quite well last year.

to join our league go to http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1 and click "Sign Up Now". after accepting their license agreement, click on the option to 'join private league'. then you will need to look for league id # 151955 - MACOSX.COM Baseball. the password is 'thecafe'.

Feel to free to ask questions or to post and let everybody else know how you're going to stomp them this year. (trash talking starts as soon as you have a team. :D )

(The Giantz ARE going to win the league AGAIN this year!! anybody really brave enough to try and dethrone me?)

The Dingleberries are going down. prepare yourself AppMan. :D

hey, welcome aboard!! :)

he he

no, I won last year's league. it was the other nine players who have issues :p

hey, we could use some more of you to join in this little game. it's really not very hard, doesn't require loads of your time and each week you get a chance to brag about beating another member of the site. what more could you ask for? :D

I might do it, does it require thought? Or is it something i can do and then forget about until somebody brings it up again?

yes Trip, it requires some mental skills. you can't just whack buttons and move around and score points :p

in truth it requires spending about a half hour a week checking in on your team, making sure none of your players are on the injured list and possibly looking around for replacements for players who aren't doing very well. that's if you're even half way interested in winning. if you just want to see what it is and be an easy victory for the rest of us, then you don't need to do that much. :D

it is one of those games you can basically put as much or as little as you want to into it. last year, with 3 teams in different leagues, i averaged about an hour a week most weeks to oversee all three. so about 20 mins a team a week could be enough to win. hey, give it a try. i never thought i would like it until i tried it.

How active you have to be as an owner can vary depending on the type of league it is. If it's a Roto league, you don't necessarily have to play every day. If it's a H2H league with weekly scoring, then you'll want to keep an eye on things day by day.

well, because of the war, the first game of the season in japan has been called off. so the season doesn't start til march 30. this gives us a little more time. we still need a few more players - at least one more to make an even # of players. 3 more would be better. :)

Back