Another Flag has Fallen

perfessor101

Registered
According to this AppleInsider article NUM has been EOLed. Given their recent reputation on OS X that is probably no great loss, but it leaves Micromat as the only "full service" system maintenance tool for OS X.

The article goes on to say that development will be continued on Norton AntiVirus, Norton Personal Firewall, and Norton Internet Security.

No big loss. Norton's hasn't been very good for OS X. Has caused a lot of people a lot of problems.
There are enough utilities that Norton isn't needed.

Two things about that article: 1) It starts off by saying it mirrors their Widows side decision 2) I will truly believe it when I read the press release from Symantec.

So what's with this so-called flag that has fallen? If anything, Norton should have stopped after OS X was introduced, as many problems as it has been reported to have caused and its poor coding for X.

This ONLY time i ever found norton's useful was back in system seven when you could have fatal extensions conflicts and it was like "hey dude! don't do that cuz it's going to make your computer freeze!"

after that people realized how big of a hassle extensions were and after the first few months of OS 9 i never touched my extensions manager EVER again. so yeah norton's now sucks

Back