Another reason why windows sucks

Quote:

"For example, an attacker could change Web pages, reformat the hard disk, or add new users to the local administrators group."

Why does that not surprise me?

And while we're at it, the title of this thread should be "Another reason why windows bytes"

Ba-dum-CHING!

Ok, I changed the first header, but couldn't change the topic header, though I must say I groaned when I heard that one, Mr Byte.

In my opinion, all operating systems sucks, bites, whatever you wanna call it. There are millions of hackers constantly poking at Windows, that's why it seems to be so ridicuously flawed. Well yeah the OS itself does suck but that's just half the truth. If there was the same number of hackers trying to break MacOS then people would be laughing at it too.

No, I disagree :)
While they might find some faults, I doubt they would find it as full of holes as Windoze is, simply because OS X is based on Unix.

Edited for spelling

Originally posted by dlloyd
No, I disagree :)
While they might find some faults, I doubt they would find it as full of wholes as Windoze is, simply because OS X is based on Unix.

And you think Unix is impenitrable by default? Maybe not on a desktop, but you ought to look at the security notices for server related applications.

Newsflash: Windows has yet another life-threatening, end-of-civilization security hole that no one ever discovered before, even though Microsoft has the biggest R&D department in the whole world!

I agree, they call that news?

Originally posted by Lycander
Yes but even the desktop version of MacOSX contains server applications (Apache, FTP server, etc.)

Can you point us to an OS X.2 hole/bug/virus as BIG as the one found currently even in the "secure" Windows 2003? :rolleyes:

Or care to count the bugs/holes/viruses of OS X.2 compared to those of XP in order to truly educate us about how secure is desktop/server OS X compared to home/pro XP? Compare even the Server versions (both of 2000 Server and 2003 Server) if you like... Not just in numbers but the rate of danger for your system/network too! That would be even more fun ::ha:: ::ha:: ::ha::

And one other thing... Apple or anyone here NEVER said that OS X has no bugs/holes! Just few of them! Unlike M$ where they want people to believe that Windows 2003 Server is SECURE and LongHorn will be too... Bah! :p

Fine. I'll eat my hat. You were right I was wrong. OSX is more secure. Windows has as many holes as the new G5 case :p

What do I care, I don't like any of these OSes anyways, I'm going back to play with my abacas now! Have a nice day.

Back