Any GPS solutions for Mac?

themacko

Barking at the moon.
I'm about to purchase a GPS unit (something from or similar to the eTrex) for some field work I'm going to doing in the next few years. However, I can't seem to find much info on syncing (for lack of a better term) these units with a Macintosh.

I'm in OS X (obviously) but if I have to use Classic that's a hardship I can endure. The Garmin eTrex site says that:
You can also interface GARMIN GPS units with many other 3rd party software programs for waypoint management and real-time tracking on a computer. Please be sure though that the program has GARMIN's communication protocol or a NMEA 0183 interfacing capability. In this scenario, all you will need is the GARMIN PC Interface cable.

Do you any of you know of a solution that would work with the eTrex or a similar unit? Comments, suggestions, put-downs are all welcome. ;)

I have the GPSMAP 60cs with USB interface and have not been able to conect at all! :mad: Every Mac GPS sw that i've run into uses a serial connection (modem, bluetooth) but none support USB!!

Anyone have a solution???

Back