any thoughts on when the new Macbook Pro's will be out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malexgreen

Contributor and PB User
They just released the Mac Pro's with the Penryn's. I'm thinking no later than mid February for the Macbook Pro's.

It is Feb 13. No new MBP. Anyone hear anything recently?

I just got the nod to get a new one for work. And it always happens that the thing I need is going to be release at anytime.

STEVE! JUST TELL US IF THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY!!!!!

Ok, I'm done venting.

i'm also in the market for a shiny 15" top line MBP. i want better video, bigger storage, possible higher capactity ram slots and penryn.

here's a question, when they do upgrade the MBP specs, will they also rev the design? Seems to me the pro notebook line hasn't changed in looks in an exceedingly long time. The closest thing was a thinner design during the transition from G4 to Intel. Not that there's anything wrong with the design, just an interesting thought.

I would think at the very least the next iteration of MBP would get the new multi-touch trackpad like the Air.

I'm expecting a bigger trackpad (*blech...*) and a keyboard similar to the MacBook Air's.

New MBP and MB are out.

15-inch MacBook Pro

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed; or 2.5GHz or 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB L2 cache

17-inch MacBook Pro

2.5GHz or 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed

2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
800MHz frontside bus

LED backlit display is optional on the 17"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back