Any updates on the new ipods?

H2OSX

iKnow (sometimes)
I was just wonderin if anyone knows anything new about the next ipod. Here are my ?'s : One, is it going to be announced at WWDC? Two, is it going to have a color screen? three, will it have video capabilities? and last, will it continue to be in regular ipod format, or go to only the mini?

Thnks a bunch-

I don't know about new ipods but I ordered and 20GB for a graduation gift and Apple has YET to ship it. If it does not ship soon then Apple has lost another sale. i ordered this a week ago and all I get is the run around. I don't care if the new one is coming out because this was a gift and Apple has screwed this up too!!! :mad:

yes, new format within 3 weeks. Yes, color(ed) screen but will not be able to play movies or even see pictures. Just a bit more customizable. Active matrix screen. Will have a few more multimedia capabilities... no, can not watch movies on there. No it will not look like a big mini, but will be slightly changed.

mi5moav said:
yes, new format within 3 weeks. Yes, color(ed) screen but will not be able to play movies or even see pictures. Just a bit more customizable. Active matrix screen. Will have a few more multimedia capabilities... no, can not watch movies on there. No it will not look like a big mini, but will be slightly changed.

you know this for sure? sounds good to me :)

I thought you would be able to view photos? if you can see album art (which I presume you would be able to with a coloured screen) why wouldn't you be able to see photos?

Will only be something like 64/128 colors (though I don't think it will have more that about 8... the main thing is that it now has an active screen. This was why Apple had not released any other games.

The main thing they are going for is customization. Can put your name on front or different splash screen...heck i don't work for them just a broker.

mi5moav said:
heck i don't work for them just a broker.
If that's true, then you'd likely be breaking a confidentiality agreement. And also, I doubt the company would appreciate such public leakage.
Anyway, we'll see in a week's time.

Thnks, i also agree that it would not make sence for apple to make an ipod w/a color screen and not have it show album art, and therefore also show pics.

Satcomer said:
I don't know about new ipods but I ordered and 20GB for a graduation gift and Apple has YET to ship it. If it does not ship soon then Apple has lost another sale. i ordered this a week ago and all I get is the run around. I don't care if the new one is coming out because this was a gift and Apple has screwed this up too!!! :mad:

Get this. I've ordered my mini last Februrary - right after it came out. I've yet to receive the damn order.

That is crazy if you live in america... I would call Apple and give them hell about that. 4 months, that doesn't make much sense. We ordered one for my sis for her birthday at the begining of the month and have got it in about 18 days. Of course we ordered the pink(no engraving) one so that may not be as popular as the silver or blue ones.

Back