Anybody know of a good app to keep address/phone numbers?

freaky

OSXer
I am looking for a simple app that can be used to store the addresses, phone numbers, etc. of friends/family. If anybody knows of a good one, please let me know.

Address Book !!!
Palm desktop is good too
Excel, or any other spreadsheet (OpenOffice, AppleWorks)

Yeah - is there some reason you don't like Apple's address book app?

You can even attach photos and create custom fields

I'll third the suggestion for Apple's own Address Book. Should be installed in your Applications folder by default. If you use iChat to communicate with your friends/family, it'll integrate with Address Book so iChat will show your friends' or familys' real name instead of their handle.

Actually, to be honest I didn't even know Apple came with a program for this but I'm glad to hear this! I've been a PC user the past 8 years and just recently discovered what I've been missing out on. I'm going to install Panther as soon as the FedEx guy gets here, then I'll check it out.

Address Book is ok, but i will say it again, it's a pain having to switch between multiple apps, so i use Entourage X, no Mail, No iCal, no Address Book, and i'll throw this one in for the hell of it, and NO iCHAT. i Chat is a nice app, still doesn't have all the features i want yet to get me away from AIM.

I was interested in using the address book, until today when I realized it only imports vcard and ldif formats. All my addresses are in Excel. I was surprised it wouldn't import from .csv. :(

If you have a Palm, you can use Palm desktop to do the translation: load .csv and save vCard

Intriguing - thanks everyone! I don't have a Palm, but I'll d/l the Desktop to do the conversion.

I'm a total eeed-iot today -- what does "load .csv and save vCard " mean exactly? I have Palm Desktop and want to send all my contact list info to the Address Book.

I think I need step by step help here, if you please!

vCard is a sorta-kinda universal contact-info file format. If you export your contacts as vCards, you can then import the same file into Address Book easily enough.

A .csv is a "comma-seperated values" file - that is, a simple text file where each line is 1 contact, and the various fields (name, address, city, state, etc) are seperated by commas. Many address book programs can export to this format, and Excel spreadsheets can also be saved this way.

Back