Anyone installed an Airport Extreme card on an Ibook G4?

techne

Registered
Hi,

Last week I installed a new Airport Extreme card in my iBook G4, which came without one installed. This went fine, but I have been unable to get any signal. I do not use a wireless connection at home, but got the card to use the computer at school, the library, and when I am at cafes with wireless connections. Thus, problem solving at home is a little tough. The regular directions are no help - they say it should just pick up a signal where there is one, and this has not happened. I have found no similar problems discussed on the net. Any ideas?

thanks,
Matt

This may sound basic, but are you sure you hooked the antenna up to the card when you installed it? Card goes into Airport slot, antenna then plugs into the card... it's a common thing to overlook, and would exhibit the same symptoms you're experiencing: no signal whatsoever, unless you physically place the laptop on top of the wireless router! ;)

techne said:
Hi,

Last week I installed a new Airport Extreme card in my iBook G4, which came without one installed. This went fine, but I have been unable to get any signal. I do not use a wireless connection at home, but got the card to use the computer at school, the library, and when I am at cafes with wireless connections. Thus, problem solving at home is a little tough. The regular directions are no help - they say it should just pick up a signal where there is one, and this has not happened. I have found no similar problems discussed on the net. Any ideas?

thanks,
Matt

Have someone take a look at your situation in person.

Back