Anyone know anything about the U2 iPod??

Rumor is it will be around $30 more, of course more than which ipod? Just a certain size iPod, or will it be available for $30 more than any size ipod. Or perhaps a whole new model. Guess we have to wait until tomorrow. :)

If it'll have all U2 albums on it as rumoured - as well as the new one, I'd expect it to be a little more expensive. And, of course, if it's pitch black, it's gonna sell like a black iPod. Erh...

Well, Black wouldn't get "dirty" like the white ones. I'm not a U2 fan, but I am sure that no matter that, if it is a cool iPod it will sell none-the-less.

I don't wanna get into color theory and what-not, but typically, black shows dirt worse than white -- reason being, dirt and dust tends to be closer to white than it is to black (it tends to be lighter in color than most people think).

Same reason black cars appear to get dirtier quicker than white cars. Another quick test would be to put a few fingerprints on your monitor, then alternate between a while and black background. Chances are, you'll be able to see the fingerprints a LOT better with a black background.

Also, I thought the new iPod would only have the new U2 album (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb) pre-loaded... not all U2 albums, right? Some sites report that it will be loaded with U2's major releases only along with "How to..." but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I agree, white does do better than black on vehicles. Although, what I hate seeing is a iPod that has a dirty scroll wheel, especially those on display in stores. I don't think you'd have that issue with black. Granted it will show finger prints like crazy... but wouldn't get dis-colored.

I know what you mean -- those areas of brownish-gray "stuff" that can be scraped off with your fingernail... just like on public computers' mouse buttons.

Disgusting. I've become a compulsive hand washer because of that stuff -- really makes you think about how often public devices are handled and how dirty the hands are that are handling them! If anyone here reading this is one of those people that fails to wash hands after a lavatory visit or is prone to letting your hands go for hours and hours without washing them and then handling public devices -- PLEASE STOP FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! ;)

I would suppose a black iPod would be more prone to showing "immediate" dirtiness, while a white iPod would be more prone to showing that disgusting build-up we just spoke of.

Anyone have any mock-ups or anything of what the new U2 iPod will look like? Perhaps sporting some sort of U2 logo? Where's mi5moav when we need him/her/it?!

You germ freaks are all alike. <jk>

I don't think that Christ is limited by germs... unlike Superman being limited by Kryptonite or whatever.

I love reading reports on tests done on shopping carts on the amount of germs, sometimes in the millions on one swab. Toy's R Us type stores are the worst. Grocery stores come in close as well.

Sometimes I wonder which is worse... washing your hands in public bathroom or not. How many things do you have to touch just to wash your hands. I don't pee on them and keep myself clean, so it's debatable... hmm.. my own germs or thousands of other people's germs just to get "clean".

Hmmm... a discussion for the Cafe I imagine.

Hehe... reminds me of that old joke: Two students, one from Harvard, one from Yale walk into a bathroom... both proceed to do their business, and the Harvard one goes to wash his hands, while the Yale student starts to walk out of the bathroom... Harvard man goes, "At Haaahvaaad, they teach us to wash our hands after we urinate..." to which the Yale man replies, "At Yale, they teach us not to piss on our hands..."

Ok, bad joke, sorry... :p

Did you ever see the Oprah (no, I don't watch it, just one of the side-effects of living with women) where they did germ tests in common public places? You wouldn't believe the amount of fecal matter present on movie theater seats... it would make you not want to ever go again.

I'm not a germophobe or anything -- I love getting dirty now and then, but getting dirty and watching someone with a cold cough into their hands and then pick up a public whatever are two very different things. My body can fight off a lot of germs, but getting the cold is no fun ride, and if I can keep from getting it, all the better -- if I can keep from spreading it, even better.

Anyways, yes, better suited for the Café.

a few issues will be adressed in this post.

first off, its mostly a good thing that there are so many bugs out there. most of them are bennine, and the rest serve to make our immune systems stonger. its not like we are dealking with a world wide epidemic.

second. the myth busters did a test on that fecal matter thing. fecal coliform bacterium is just about everywhere, and pretty much harmless.

last, i do agree that people should was their hands, but not get obsessive about it. also, every computer should be cleaned inside and out every week, its what they deserve :D

Hehe... and how many computers do you know in a lab-type situation that are cleaned weekly? The buidup in the mice @ UTSA is ridiculous. I can verify that they do at least wipe the fingerprints off the screen once a week, but as for cleaning, I can't verify that they do that as evident by the dirty mice and keyboard. I never hesitate to make a stop at the nearest bathroom for a good hand washing ater using any of the public computer labs, and that's not being a germophobe. They're friggin' DIRTY. I'd be more happy if they cleaned the mice and keyboard and left the computers and monitors to get dusty and dirty.

While I love Mythbusters and am an avid fan, their exeriments do little but prove the possibility of the phenomena that they test. They're hacks -- brilliant hacks -- but still hacks. They don't perform experiments in a controlled fashion, and produce their experiments (while mostly scientific) for entertainment purposes. I'm not discrediting their education or abilities -- I believe they can do a great job given the right equipment -- but the primary focus of the show is entertainment. And as such, while I agree with the outcomes for the most part, I wouldn't quote any of their conclusions to back up anything.

I know it's good that bugs are out there -- they keep me healthy half the time, and prevent sickness by being just dangerous enough to spur our white blood cells to produce an immunity against them, while being benign enough not to cause sickness. However, I don't want an immunity to fecal matter. Peoples' hands are a lot dirtier than most people think... and if there's visible dirt on a mouse, I'm washing my hands.

Back