Anyone upgrade to Snow Leopard Server yet?

NastyFreddy

Registered
So, I am on the 10.5 10-user version and was looking at going to 10.6, but, I see that there is no longer a 10-user edition.

Does that mean I need to purchase the FULL unlimited lic edition? I thought that there were discounts for folks who recently purchased Leopard Server...

It looks like Apple no longer offers two versions of Mac OS X Server (10-client and unlimited client). They've been rolled into one version now: unlimited client at $499... which is a steal compared to the old unlimited client version at $999.

There isn't a discounted upgrade path from Leopard server if you purchased the software only, but if you purchased any hardware with Leopard server (an Xserve or Mac Pro, for example) between now and June 8, 2009, then you can upgrade from Leopard Server to Snow Leopard Server for $9.99.

Yeah, I got the scoop from Enterprise Support at Apple.

I will wait for Snow Leopard Server to end up on ebay for $250 or so before I go for it.

Just got a replacement G4 Xserve added to the lab and now I need to get it prepped for 10.5

I just picked up one of the new MINIs with Snow Leopard Server installed. The retail price for the is $999. You get a full license for Snow Leopard unlimited users with the mini. That makes this one cheap solution for replacing a lightly loaded XSERVE G4.

Back