Anyone use OSB Overdrive?

markwm

Registered
Is it possible, using USBOverdrive to map CMD-TAB to one of my other mouse buttons?

you can do it in SteerMouse but I can't seem to figure it out in USB Overdrive.

Seems to work with USB-OverDrive
choose your desired button, click command box, and choose 'Keystroke' from the dropdown menu. When you mouse over the Keystroke box, you'll see help that states: "To specify Tab or Delete, hold down the Option key while typing"

Yes, you can. As I'm sure you noticed, hitting tab when you select the keystroke field just changes the focus, but if you hold down Option when you hit tab, it'll put "tab" in the keystroke field like you want it to.

Edit: I see DeltaMac beat me to it. :)

Thanks guys, but it doesn't seem to work properly.

I can specify CMD-TAB as you both describe but in use pressing the mapped button doesn't work in the same way as pressing CMD-TAB on the keyboard. Have you tried it?

Pressing my button once switches application, whereas pressing it once on the keyboard brings up application icons.

Pressing and holding the mouse button brings up the icons but they go crazy and blink between each other really fast.

I just want to press a mouse button have have it mirror CMD-TAB pressed once, ie, have my app icons appear in the middle of the screen

Sadly the keyboard shortcut for what you ask is [hold command then tap tab while still holding command]. If you much more briefly press command-tab it will just switch apps without showing the icons as you found when you assigned command-tab as a shortcut.

As an alternative, try binding F9 for expose to a mouse button, you can use it very dynamically much as you can switch applications with the keyboard.

Good luck,

ora

yeah, it seems to me that you'd have to map two different buttons to get this effect. One for Cmnd, and another for Tab.

I understand what you're saying guys. BUT SteerMouse does this perfectly.

The only problem is, I can't find the right balance between acceleration & speed in SteerMouse, whereas in USB Overdrive the 250dpi setting is just perfect. If only I could map CMD-TAB the same way as in SteerMouse.

:-/

I just looked up SteerMouse, and in the screenshot is says "switch application" not "command-tab, so perhaps SteerMouse emulates keyboard app switching in some more complex way than binding command-tab to a key. Why not mail the USB overdrive developers in case they have a solution, i find shareware devs are quite often pleasantly responsive.

Back