Anyway to connect to a Mac on my LAN that's connected to a VPN?

freaky

OSXer
I have a home network with 3 Macs. I need to use one of them to connect to my work's VPN at times. This machine is also hooked up to the printer and whenever it's connected to my work's VPN, nobody can print to it.

Does anyone know of a way to make it so it will work the same whether it's connected to the VPN or not? I'd also like to be able to connect to the machine using "Screen Sharing" on my MacBook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the "Advanced" pane of the VPN network setup screen, ensure that "Send all traffic over VPN connection" is unchecked.

This will allow you to use the VPN network as well as your local network simultaneously.

I'm using Cisco's VPN Client 4.9.01.0080 and it looks a little different. There's an option to check "Allow Local LAN Access", which I tried checking, but I still get a connection failed error when trying to use screen sharing on my Macbook. When I do this when the machine is not on the VPN, I can connect without any problems.

Any other ideas?

That option sounds similar; however, I don't have enough experience with the Cisco VPN client for Mac OS X to definitively say one way or another what you need to do.

Hopefully someone with Cisco VPN client experience will chime in soon!

Back