AOL user...

wicki

Registered
I use AOL. I have a bunch of chatroom friends there. We like to play wavs and share them to hear them in the AOL chatroom. to trigger a wav I use this {s wavname. on my macbook, I can trigger the wavs, altho it looks likes this ...*wavname* when I have actually typed {s wavname. I do not know how to,...or where to store the wavs on my macbook, inorder to hear them in the AOL chatrooms. Does anyone know how to do this on a mac? I have Leapord os.
Wicki

You can store sounds to /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Sounds/ (for system sounds, not music). Then go into the AOL program and look into it's preferences and see if you can assign sounds then point the assigned sound to your sound in the Sound folder.

Thanks, Satcomer, for the help. I called AOL, to ask how to access and trigger my wavs, from the area you suggested, but they have no clue as to how to do it. They say their sounds that play in their chatrooms (members' own choice for a sound associated with their screename, when they enter...or log on or off) is un-accessible to get into...therefore it cannot be done on a Mac. Well...it can be done on a pc....and it isn't done thru that area, anyway. She did appologize...and wished me a nice day. I just cannot believe this cannot be done with a mac.

Back