Apple at NAB lights, CAMERAS, action...

mi5moav

Registered
While a friend of mine was cleaning out one of the restrooms in the South Hall at NAB yesterday he said "boys you are gonna be pretty happy at what Apple is going to be pulling out of there xxx's tomorrow!!! Well, hopefully either tomorrow or Wednesday but anyway something, good. He said there booth is huge!!! Actually, they have two booths!!! He also said the fish tacos at the concession stand on the north building are pretty good.

actually not until late, late, late summer

mi5moav said:
...at what Apple is going to be pulling out of there xxx's tomorrow!!! Well, hopefully either tomorrow or Wednesday but anyway something, good...

...actually not until late, late, late summer...
So, which one is it? Monday or Wednesday or "late, late, late summer"?

They might just be promoting their pro creative applications.

When is NAB anyway, isnt it supposed to be sometime around in april? I dont think they will be introducing anything major, such as a new intel mac. Apple's never introduced anything major at an NAB, except for upgrades to Pro Applications.

I don't know anything about it I'm about 2000 miles away, but my friend said that Apple's booth is probably the 4th or 5th largest out of about 800 booths. Sony is by far the largest he said, Canon has a big booth too, Avid is probably next then Apple... but he said Apple also has a second booth that is very heavily guarded right next to it. They also have two conference rooms in the South Hall reserved. Sony has some cool, cool stuff at the show. Some booth has a video camera that has a 200gig hard drive and can shoot at like 60fps... I think he also said it was priced at under 20k not bad. He loves playing janitor...no, one pays attention to him... he's back there cleaning up the trash, picking out uneaten food from the trash... you got to love those crazy Americans. Hard working fellows you guys are though, very resourceful.

Anyway... so, who is this grass valley broadcasting everyone is talking about???

this is of course mi5moav, resident porky-pie teller. who also claims to be from Havana, Budapest and Moscow.

I hate speculating to a certain degree, cause it's so inaccurate. I just say everyone wait and see. ;)

Yeh, you guys are probably right no new, new hardware until late, late, late summer. The Hall that Apple is in is more software, focused, and one of the guys he talked to said Apple's booth is actually a bit smaller then last years at NAB. Avids booth is actually right next to Apple's, not sure if it was last year or not. But, Apple is gonna have to have at least a few new updates in the works. I wonder if anyone at AJA systems knows anything? He said Canon and Sony are in another Hall, though Microsoft has a cool little theater set up in the same Hall. Ok, new email from him the "lights, camera, action" thing.... he found in the Microsoft wastebasket not Apple's so never mind... also he lots of stuff with SMPTE 421M on it. Chow going to the baths.

Hmm... the originally predicted price of the RED camera was $10,000... still an excellent price for what you're getting (the Genesis costs approx $3000 per day to rent), but I'd wait to wait until the second generation model before buying one, as it's a startup company with no prior experience.

I'm hoping that Apple reveal details about FCP 6.0. It's rumoured to have support for newer HDV cameras. I'm also interested to see if JVC will reveal any details about the GY-HD250. Does anyone know if they have a booth at NAB?

Back