Apple BT keyboard in windows?

Egerborn

Registered
Hi!

Just installed windows on my mac mini using Boot camp. It works realy great but i got this issue with my keyboard!

Im using Apples Bluetoothkeyboard and i dont get it to work. Read something about it on apples support forum and iwas wondering if anyone got it to work?

Apple themselves say a USB keyboard is "required". I would suspect the BT drivers are not fully developed, hence the beta tag on the software. I've seen people saying it works, but words are cheap.

The wired USB keyboard is required, because the Bluetooth drivers are installed with the CD that you burned with boot camp. Did you install the drivers with that disk? And did you try to pair to the keyboard? (note - not knowing Windows, I'm not sure how to set up a Bluetooth device, but it won't default to that device. There must be a BlueTooth setup wizard somewhere in the Control Panel.)

Tried everything but nothing works. Windows doesnt even find the BT keyboard when searching for it. Guess im stuck with my logitech keyboard until the drivers are updated =\

Windows has always been funny about Bluetooth. I've rarely, if ever, had any success with Windows and Bluetooth devices. When (rather than If) Apple get this implemented and working well on Windows they'l be a step ahead of anything else I've seen, including offerings from MS!

Andy

In Apple's own words:
"Are there any Macintosh features that I should not expect to work when running Windows XP on an Intel-based Macintosh computer?

Even after installling the Macintosh Drivers CD, the Apple Remote Control (IR), Apple Wireless (Bluetooth) keyboard or mouse, Apple USB Modem, MacBook Pro's sudden motion sensor, MacBook Pro's ambient light sensor, and built-in iSight camera will not function correctly when running Windows."
Source: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303572#faq0

Hi all, new here and new to macs....got a macbook with bootcamp to help me with the transition from PCs. I have the latest bluetooth keyboard from Mac and it runs great on MacOSx. This is the first time I use bluetooth on XP, and I got my Motorolla V3 phone to work with it ONCE...and the keyboard works intermitantly.... I abandoned the phone because I think part of the problem in caused by the horrible Motorolla SW. For the keyboard, its worked pretty well, but it seems to die once a while.

To install it, I went to Control Pannel - bluetoothdevices (ore somewhere allong those lines). You click ADD, check the box that asks you to make sure the device is on...etc. Just to be safe, when Windows was ready to detect, I swiched the keyboard on...the LED should be blinking at that point (since it hasn't established communication yet). A couple of seconds later, the device is detected. NB: On my machine, it has a custom name....I guess this was recorded when I FIRST installed the keyboard in the Mac OS. (So you migh need to install it on Mac OS first) Once this is done....I chose Create Passkey Automatically or Do Not Use A Passkey....and that is it.

BUT: Some times, on the Bluetooth Device GUI (from the control pannel), I see the device, with No Passkey, but the Connected appears and dissapears....THAT is my intermitant problem.

Another issue is the Login on XP if your account needs a password inputed. Like most external devices, there drivers do not seem to be loaded at login time....so you're screwed! There migh be a work arround this....but since I am unfamiliar with bluetooth and XP...I can't say.

Hope this helped a bit....

Anyone have ideas regarding the intermitancy issue?

Regards,

DJT.

Back