Apple buying SUN

Originally posted by karavite
I just recieved this direct notification from Apple's mouse design department!

"I'm going to tell you and your khaki wearing friends this once and only once. My work is my ART and as such you do not use it, you must *interpret* it. The one button mouse is part of my latest series of work where I am exploring minimalism in the post post-modernist era, but it is also influenced by something of a recent epiphany I experienced regarding my abusive transvestite step father. As such, I think I was quite successful in juxtaposing our cultures struggle with rampant consumerism and the tragic denial of personal expression in a monolithic society. If all you Mac buyers were capable of acknowledging your pop-culture based brainwashing and take a moment to really *experience* the deeper meaning of the one button mouse, you might realize that I have personally created a new paradigm where form and function transcend the banal."

Me bows in worship of the post-post-modernist industrial design... OMMMMMMM.... :D

I don't like it when companies buy other companies. People can lose jobs and customers lose service. The buying company becomes more and more like Microsoft and more huge.

But that's just me…

In some ways I have to agree with MDLarson. But you realised that when Apple bought over EMagic, no one was laid off and in fact, EMagic just got stronger and better! So in many ways, our favourite fruit company is different... for now.

If the target for your drag isn't visible you can drag it to a temporary location. A better solution would be if the target could be made visible by hovering over the app in the Dock.

Another thing I absolutely hate about the UNIX behavior is you can't paste over a selection to replace it. UGH!

Furthermore I never said an app shouldn't take advantage of extra buttons, I said extra buttons shouldn't be REQUIRED! That is the methodology at work here.

Back