Apple Can KISS MY ......!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippygaloo

Registered
As far as I'm concerned Apple can kiss my fuzzy butt!

What's the deal with the "New" iMacs?! They aren't "new", they are the same old ones with a few minor differences.

Those differences being:

100mhz more CPU Speed - Oh Boy Slow down!

128 more RAM. - What did this cost $25

20 more Gigs of Hard Drive Space - Again what was this $20-$40

Bluetooth Ready - Oh Gee!

Not to mention that the intro iMac is now $100 more than yesterday! I've been waiting for this announcement so I could buy a new iMac at $999. But now I'm so pissed off, I'm honestly thinking about switching to a PC! More for my money! A lot more! Having a stylish piece of hardware is nice, but not when the company blatantly rips you off for it!

So Apple lowered the price on the eMacs....big deal, what a crock. The eMac is heavy, old and they should Sh*tcan the whole thing and slap the designer. Apple thinks that by lowering the eMac price it makes it easier for people to get into a "G4". Oh how nice of them! They could be a heck of a lot nicer if they would improve their hardware, lower their prices and offer customers the products they want.

Now I can't get anything Mac for my $999 except a crappy old eMac that is big, ugly, heavy, over priced, with crappy hardware!

Go Apple! (Insert the finder here)!

Originally posted by zippygaloo
As far as I'm concerned Apple can kiss my fuzzy butt!

What's the deal with the "New" iMacs?! They aren't "new", they are the same old ones with a few minor differences. Not to mention that the intro iMac is now $100 more than yesterday! I've been waiting for this announcement so I could buy a new iMac at $999. But now I'm so pissed off, I'm honestly thinking about switching to a PC! More for my money! A lot more! Have a stylish piece of hardware is nice, but not when the company blatantly rips you off for it!

So Apple lowered the price on the eMacs....big deal, what a crock. The eMac is heavy, old and they should Sh*tcan the whole thing and slap the designer. Apple thinks that by lowering the eMac price it makes it easier for people to get into a "G4". Oh how nice of them! They could be a heck of a lot nicer if they would improve their hardware, lower their prices and offer customers the products they want.

Now I can't get anything Mac for my $999 except a crappy old eMac that is big, ugly, heavy, over priced, with crappy hardware!

well actually noo.. u can kiss their ass :)

i would mind having an eMac. its the same as having a CRT for ur PC but instead its the WHOLE computer ALL TOGETHER> U DONT NEED AN UGLY TOWER TO GO WITH IT>

and i think $999 is a very good price.

anywayz well be glad to have YOU out of the MAc Scene. have fun with that blue screen of death (or is it kind of green in windows XP?) bye bye :)

apple never said they were coming out with 'new' imacs. you're disappointed from hype you created. maybe you're just mad at yourself... ^_^

Guys, I think mr. blahblah is a little bit right....
The new iMacs still have a nVidia GeForce 4 MX, which is old if you compare with Ati Radeon 9700 or nVidia GeForce FX...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by xray
What a great post! :mad: I can?t wait till you get a PC and stop posting here, Bye!

hahahahaha great post Xray :)) he he he .

as for the post about graphics cards bein behind..

have u ever looked at an imac from up close?

have u seen how small it is? its very diffficult to fit all those things u want and still keep it at a lower price. lets be reasonable.

the iMac is great for what u pay. thats what i think :)

Actually Boi, Apples own frontpage says "The New iMacs".

As for the rest of you, I think you're all smoking crack...except for AppleWatcher!

okok, but still, there are graphic cards for laptops that are faster than the GeForce 4 MX...
but then we have the price... ;)

Those differences being:

100mhz more CPU Speed - Oh Boy Slow down!

128 more RAM. - What did this cost $25

20 more Gigs of Hard Drive Space - Again what was this $20-$40

Bluetooth Ready - Oh Gee

seems to me you've listed well over $100 worth of improvements here. just because they weren't the ones you personally were looking for is no reason for you to blast apple for not making things better.

i'll agree with everybody else, go PC and get what you think you deserve. (i'm guessing you will in the long run - get what you deserve that is :D )

perhaps instead of knocking what they have, you should make specific suggestions about what realistic changes you would like to see in the future. apple might even pay attention to those. i doubt they'll look twice at your views as they are presented so far.

Not having an intro level iMac at the same price or lower than the previous iMacs is like having your Mom give you a hug and then push you down the stairs.

In other words....I don't feel the Love.

(Again, insert the finger here.)

I think your butt being "fuzzy" should be a bigger issue for you than your iMac dislikes. You should probably take your $999 and visit a dermatologist ...

Originally posted by boi
apple never said they were coming out with 'new' imacs. you're disappointed from hype you created. maybe you're just mad at yourself... ^_^

That's what i think to. Apple never said anything. You just heard it from rumor sites and web boards. They didn't lie, newer stuff did come out. However it wasn't up to your expetations. That's not Apples fault.

Twister

Well, from what i remember, a 17" iMac with a 800MHZ G4 (used to be the top-model)...i think it was $1800 or $1900. Now, it's $1800 (same price?) with a faster processer, Airport Extreme (although i dont even know what that is), and Bluetooth ready (what is this?) So, i don't really think you should be complaining. More features, same price.

I'm starting to really like the iMac...

Oh, and i believe the reason that apple refers to the iMacs as the "new" iMacs, is to seperate them from the "old" iMacs.

But now I'm so pissed off, I'm honestly thinking about switching to a PC!

By definition you need to be a Mac user in order to switch to a PC. You are currently a PC user so you aren't making any movement by not buying a Mac.

:rolleyes:

Given that, your posts here seem very strange coming from a PC user.

original iMac... $799. iBook... $999. the beat down you receive after trolling on macosx.com... priceless.

there are somethings money cant buy.. for everything else theres mastercard. :D

Not having an intro level iMac at the same price or lower than the previous iMacs is like having your Mom give you a hug and then push you down the stairs.

In other words....I don't feel the Love.

id hate to meet your mother. :D

Don't get me wrong I like Mac. but "THANK GOD" someone has posted something that's out of the norm and challenges our belifs, even if we think his wrong. (a little funny in it's rashness).

Instead of being weak/simple and telling him to go away challange the argument.....or are you blindly following Mac?:mad:

Apple have simpy updated the package to get a bit more computer for roughly the same money. Airport Extreme is a new faster Airport standard that needs a Compact-PCI slot, requiring a redesign of the motherboard. The base memory has been doubled, as well. The iMac's motherboard is one of the most expensive to produce in the personal computer industry because of its circular shape, component density and low profile.
Combine that with more hard-drive space, and its quite a nice package, even compared to a supposedly "cheap" PC.
You do pay a premium for using a Mac. If this upsets you, perhaps you should be building a beige-box PC from parts bought at swap meets.
Oh, and by-the-way, the eMac was designed for use in schools and was never intended for the general market, and on this criteria the designer has done a fantastic job. For all that, it is good value, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back