Apple-Event the 28th

I hope they unveil the new Intel PowerMacs. It's all very well upgrading the Powerbook which is limited by mobility and the iMac which is limited by the fact that it's not designed to be a high-end system, but I want to see what the Intel chips can REALLY do.

The rumors are pointing to MacBook (iBook Replacement) and Mac Mini w/ Intel Chips, cause the Core Solo is up and running (single core yonah)

I might be getting a new desktop soon...to replace my Dell cause i hate it so much... :)

I got some semi insider rumor about a new apple media center product, but I have no idea whether its linked to this or not.

Hehe, true. I won't go into it too much here, but it was "there will be a demonstration of new media center technology in the next fortnight" which made it a bit more interesting to me than "they are thinking of maybe doing something like this....maybe...someday". That said, the implication was an internal rather than external demonstartion. Or maybe it was just more hot air. :)

either way: I'm looking forward to next week. Whether it's the rumoured MacBook (nano, lite, without-a-subname, whatever), a tablet computer or finally the iPhone (the iCal logo on the invitation may suggest something regarding a PIM solution...)... I'm just glad Apple's not stopping to bring out stuff 'til April. :p

you all have it wrong! apple is going to celebrate my birthday on the 28th. so what is everyone getting me from the apple store?:p

I confidently predict a replacement for the G5 Powermac line-up, using Intel's all-singing, all-dancing new processor which doesn't have a proper name yet. And isn't due to be released till much later in the year. But what the hell, this is Apple! I like surprises...

Quietly said:
I confidently predict a replacement for the G5 Powermac line-up, using Intel's all-singing, all-dancing new processor which doesn't have a proper name yet. And isn't due to be released till much later in the year. But what the hell, this is Apple! I like surprises...

I seriously doubt this since the pro apps have yet to become universal and won't become so until either later this year or next year.

Quietly said:

I think they'd probably save that for NAB.

Back