Apple History

MacFreak

Chic Not Geek
I have been agrument with my friends about that NeXT and Microsoft did use Apple to ported Window 1.0 and NeXT. Can you help with it.

Sure, there are plenty of users here that will help you out with your question.
Can you ask the question in an understandable form? Such as 'Were Apple computers used to port Windows 1.0 to NEXT?' - or 'Did MS port NEXT to Windows 1.0 to run on Apple computers?'
Both a little far-fetched, I think... :)
So, what's your question?

DeltaMac has given good advice. Repost the question in English. However, there is no permutation of the words in the OP for which the answer is "Yes." It is, however, my understanding that certain GUI elements of Windows were purloined from NeXTstep. Since NeXTstep 0.8 was released in 1988, it contributed nothing Windows 1.0. Windows 1.0 was released in 1985 and included some GUI elements licensed from Apple.

Microsft contributed nothing to NeXTstep. Apple has had several partnerships with Microsoft, but NeXT had none IIRC. The only version of Windows ported to the Mac was Windows NT 3.5, which was a decade after Windows 1.0.

If you want to learn more about the history of GUI-based OSes, then take a look at this website.

this new use of bold is actually highly distracting, MisterMe. may i enquire why you've started doing this?

Either way, Apple was first. :p ... But I'd actually be interested in the question, I guess. _Sounds_ ominous. :) :) :)

... may i enquire why you've started doing this?
I bold the avatars of posters and the titles of applications. Early versions of Windows were clearly MS-DOS applications and, as such, are bolded. For the purposes of my previous post, I treated NeXTstep on a par with Windows. However, this is nothing new. I have bolded avatars and application titles since I joined this forum.

I bold the avatars of posters and the titles of applications. Early versions of Windows were clearly MS-DOS applications and, as such, are bolded. For the purposes of my previous post, I treated NeXTstep on a par with Windows. However, this is nothing new. I have bolded avatars and application titles since I joined this forum.

he he you're avoiding the question... why....? :p

I don`t understand the question either, but I can recommend http://www.apple-history.com/ as a useful source of information.

MacFreak, I think it is important to keep in mind that NeXT was founded in 1985 by Steve Jobs after his resignation from Apple Computer, shortly after the Macintosh was released. NeXT was never intended to compete with Apple, but rather to forge ahead in the higher-education and high-end computing markets. In fact Steve expected NeXT to cooperate with Apple and maybe even license software to Apple, so it is clear why the interface designs would stick to similar themes.

As for the question of whether Macs were used by programmers to create parts of Windows, the answer is "probably a little, but not very much".

Back