Apple iPod's new Ad campign copies other's idea?

I remember those commercials, like the one where the woman kept right-clicking and zooming in. :mad: That was annoying... but yeah, I know the commercials.

I know that some people (especially those who know more about tech) found that the switch campaign and ipod ads were a bit lame... But I think that they did Mac the world of good. They weren't aimed at existing users, they were aimed at people who were sick of Windoze - and they got the message across hard and fast. Good ads - not whizz-bang - but in terms of recall and effectiveness, I bet they were more effective than 90% of other computer ads...

On the new ones - there's nothing new here at all - it's more 70's than anything else. Come on, guys, that's like patenting something as generic as an...er...apple...for a trademark. I'll shut up now.

I run an ad agency. We have a belief related to the postmodern notion that there is no such thing as a new idea. The new iPod ads are no different.

They are simply modern executions of a silhouette style that has been used for many years. The models are wearing today's clothes and the colors are in today's style. Other than that, it's been done before many times.

That doesn't make it bad, or stolen or anything, just not completely brand new.

The Most Stupid Member.

lol:D Nice.

So if nothing new is actually new, then what will be the next era? I think it would be fun to have an era where everyone wears hats.

A G5 would make a really heavy, expensive hat. An iPod would be better, but I still wouldn't wear one on my head.

Back