Apple laptop displays

You have forgotten to add a ;) smiley to the 20" PowerBook idea. You _must_ be kidding. They'd only sell those to 7'-8' people...

fryke said:
You have forgotten to add a ;) smiley to the 20" PowerBook idea. You _must_ be kidding. They'd only sell those to 7'-8' people...

Hey, getting more NBA players to promote your product could be another avenue to sell more Macs! :)

fryke said:
I don't seriously believe Apple has a 20" Powerbook in store for us (then again, how many predicted that they'd release a 17"? Plus, they do have a 20" iMac :p).

On the other hand, if they did release one (with a reasonable battery life and weight), I'd buy it in a second and I'm only 5'5.

Sure, I'd have to carry it on my shoulder strap, but that would be a small price to pay. :D (and I do that anyway)

Kap

Apple has some serious QA problems with their laptop displays. I myself have sent my 15" Powerbok 1.25ghz G4 back 3 times (it's currently in for it's 4th trip to the repair center). The largest thread on the Apple Support site is for the "Uneven Illumination" problem prevelant on 15" laptops (and some 12" and 17" models too).

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@203.xf4YaBrOxz6.0@.599c3e3f

This G4 is my fourth Mac laptop in 4 years, and my 12th Mac in 10 years. I have spent a ton of money with Apple, and am really disappointed with the quality of this last machine. Design wise it's perfect. But shoddy components and poor QA control has plagued this model from the start. Whoever Apple is using to build these Powerbooks should really be examined from top to bottom.

Albeit a bit late. ;-) ... I'm glad that my PB never 'enjoyed' this problem... However, I firmly believe that this is the first _real_ problem with PB displays, and afaik has been solved, in that it doesn't appear on newer machines. Solving the problem for the affected PowerBooks, however, is better to be solved sooner than later...

The white spots issue appears to be solved on the Rev. A 15" AluBooks. But the "uneven illumination" issue is prevelant on the Rev. B machines as well...

I just got word today that my Powerbook repair is on hold awaiting a part. The part - the logic board. So now, I have had the Inverter board, the Display, the battery, and the logic board replaced. It would have been cheaper and easier for Apple just to replace the whole machine at this point.

I cry everytime I look at my 17inch iMacs display. Im gettin teary eye'd as we speak....just..so beautiful man...*weeps*

Back