Apple Music Store Ads

Yup, they're pretty bad. Nothing worse than hearing someone singing in the shower, or while they have headphones on.

ill be there. that was really good. and the lil' eminem was good also...so was the pink rendition. over all they were really good.... the only thing i think they could have done was mix people singing the same song.

Uh, honestly, if I didn't know that Apple makes good stuff, this sure wouldn't convince me.

kendall i have to applaud you one your icon strong bad from homestarrunner.com Ah. Just seeing him makes me laugh

I think I just about lost my lunch... that baby got back ad ruined it for the rest of them... I agree with jaybeekay, the eminem ad was good, even though I'm not a big fan of him.

I don't think they're very good ads at all... as in, I don't think they're an effective way to market Apple's music side.....

... But I guess I was the only one who thought they were just good in general..... and plus, let's be honest, could ANY white man pull off doing "Baby Got Back?" I know I couldn't.... but that's why I thought it was funny... 'cause he's too damn white...

Adambyte, I completely understand where you're comming from about him being too white... my girlfriend makes fun of me all the time for some of the music I listen to. It wasn't the fact that he was horrid in performing the song. There was something about the guy himself that I didn't quite agree with.

I feel that if it was some different guy I would find it pretty funny.

lol, c'mon, they were pretty damn funny. The kid was good and the Pink take wasn't bad.
As for Baby Got Back, I'm still laughing my @$$ off. :p I didn't realize there was another Affleck ready to enter show business. :D

I think they should have done the ads differently.
One example: start them off like they do, but then fade in the background stuff, so by the end, these people are actually singing a song, not just tuneless lyrics.

okay that white boy singing baby got back .... that shyte is funny. That is a total joke they did that on purpose.

apple doesn't kno how to advertise.. the comercial should be some guy walking around in a musicnote costume... then he walks into an apple store, and then it shows him holding an ipod... but the whole time he is singing along... then in the end it says download your favourite music....and take it with you.... something like that.

the comercial should be some guy walking around in a musicnote costume... then he walks into an apple store, and then it shows him holding an ipod... but the whole time he is singing along... then in the end it says download your favourite music....and take it with you.... something like that.
Wow! That would be such a... lame commercial. C'mon, it would look like some local crap for a car-paint shop, or a subway franchise.

It would be more expensive for the casting, but what Apple should do is have a subway car. Everyone's wearing headphones and jamming to their iPods. The camera pans across the faces of the people, each singing along to their own tunes, the camera keeps panning and at the end, you have some musician listening and singing along to his/her own tune on the iPod.

Get some of the exclusive artists. Sting could be humming along to desert rose, get Mariah Carey out there, Dylan, Beck Bono, Eminem, etc.

Then for the second wave, do the same ads, but at the end, get some of the non-exclusive artists out there, but have them singing along other people's tunes.

Androo, Apple doesn't know how to advertise? I'm an advertising major, and I can tell you, Apple's "1984" commercial is considered by everyone in the advertising business to be the best commercial ever made. Yes, EVER. The "Think Different" commercial is also in the top 10 commercials ever made.

Originally posted by Dlatu1983
Androo, Apple doesn't know how to advertise? I'm an advertising major, and I can tell you, Apple's "1984" commercial is considered by everyone in the advertising business to be the best commercial ever made. Yes, EVER. The "Think Different" commercial is also in the top 10 commercials ever made.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

1984... hmm.. let me think.. it's 2003. so Apple had a "hit" nearly two decades ago. big woop. another decade went by after 1984 before they "hit" it again with Think Different (which i would consider bigger than 1984 because Apple actually turned itself around with Think Different). in any case, their track record isn't looking so good when put into perspective.

now you have the Switch ads, dismal failures and yanked after only a few months. the only thing Apple learned from them is that people aren't switching to Macs, they are actually fleeing!

as for the Music Store ads, why doesn't Apple show us how easy it is to use their new service, not how to act like a fool with an iPod. honestly, what are they selling in those ads, iPods? no reference to buying music online is made!

i hope apple isnt thinking on putting those comercials on TV, the only thing those comercial are good for is laughing ur @$$ off or making you loose your lunch.

Advertising is a funny thing, remember when Infinity first started making cars and their ads were so oblique that nobody got them? They quickly switched to showing actual ads of the cars, not just wide open sky, etc.

Anyway, Apple is known for taking chances and lets face it advertising is a big risk. I think the iPod commercials are too minimalist and bland, just like the Infiniti car ads they don't show what the product is all about. They look as though they were an afterthought.

Personally I think Apple's big ad campaign this year is yet to come. The iBooks have been updated, the Powerbooks are still awaiting their big push as are the PowerMacs. There is continued rumor of some sort of tablet which could conceivably round out their "digital hub" product line.

The iPod, Music Store, Safari and all the other improvements this year are just components of the bigger picture. My bet is by the end of the summer Apple will have its ducks in a row and we'll see a big flashy campaign.

Back