Apple: Release the iMac G5 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey skrek, have you tried getting Apple to give you a G5 powermac since you develop for games?

The developers of the popular windows/linux teamspeak application were able to get some powermacs from Apple so they could port teamspeak to OS X (which never happened. they seemed to just take the Macs and run).

I think Apple is generally pretty good about helping developers out.

dreamscape said:
hey skrek, have you tried getting Apple to give you a G5 powermac since you develop for games?
I would think you need to be an established developer. Anyone who plans to create games is going to get squat. And an established developer wouldn't be going on and on and on about the need for an iMac, or the silly number games with PCs.
Just watch, come September, there'll be complaints about "It's not what I wanted" and it's "not the specs I wanted" and "it's not the price I want it at".

I agree to Randman. It will be funny to see the Dual G4 still outperform the new - IF - G5 iMac. G5 doesn't stand for superior performance even though it's a very good processor.

Zammy-Sam said:
I agree to Randman. It will be funny to see the Dual G4 still outperform the new - IF - G5 iMac. G5 doesn't stand for superior performance even though it's a very good processor.

HA HA HA HA HA!!! And you'd best have some solid proof on that if it does because I won't just take your word for it. :p

2x1.45 GHz is probably better than 1x2 GHz for some applications, and not better for others...
we also have no idea about the selected memory scheme, the selected harddisk technology, the available graphic cards....

King Shrek said:
HA HA HA HA HA!!! And you'd best have some solid proof on that if it does because I won't just take your word for it. :p
It's time for you to start with serious research instead of just reading macrumors. You seem (as I got by some of your previous posts) to miss some information about macs..

I have a feeling all we will be seeing is 20" inch imacs come the next round... no 17 inchers anymore. Apple has done a strange thing on their site. The only imac they now make reference to is the 20" its' like the other two never existed... or Apple will keep the 20" in supply while bringin in some new ones...this is getting very confusing. Apple may keep the old imac design with a slight change so we have 4 lines not three this may be very good.

Imac $599-$999
Imac G4 $999-1299 (or will this become the new imac (doubtful)
Imac G5 $1799-2199
Powermac G5 $1999-3999

If the new imacs actually do look nicer then the current imacs I will be shocked. I hope they don't do a stupid flat panel on the stand...if they don't sell the design anymore I wonder if some other computer company will pay them say $20million for the right to copy that design.

Zammy-Sam said:
It's time for you to start with serious research instead of just reading macrumors. You seem (as I got by some of your previous posts) to miss some information about macs..

:rolleyes:

Prove it! Prove your own arguments!

mi5moav said:
I have a feeling all we will be seeing is 20" inch imacs come the next round... no 17 inchers anymore. Apple has done a strange thing on their site. The only imac they now make reference to is the 20" its' like the other two never existed... or Apple will keep the 20" in supply while bringin in some new ones...this is getting very confusing.

Maybe a 23" or 30" iMac??? Talk about a heavy screen...<G>

King Shrek said:
:rolleyes:

Prove it! Prove your own arguments!
Use search, King Shrek. We discussed these things long time ago when the G5 was out and the question was: Dual G4 or single G5? I am not your teacher but trying to give you useful advices. If this is bulls*** to you, alright..

Zammy-Sam said:
reading is a skill not everyone has ;)

Ok, that was an insult.

Zammy-Sam, you are the most extreme Machead I've ever met online.

And yes, Randman, I think this is a good idea: Would a mod please close this thread and put us out of our misery? We'd all appreciate it. ::angel::

why insult? I was talking about myself. You were right with that thread.
And somehow I got the feeling you want to insult me with Machead, but I kinda like to be one.
Yeah, let's really give up on this thread. Got so tired of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back