Apple Remote Desktop - Verify fails

jyonwow

Registered
Using ARD 3.3, on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8, to control a mobile lab setup consisting of 15 MackBooks running latest (3.3) client software. Laptops are connected to the network via Airport Extreme Base Station.

Laptops appear in Scanner (Local Network and Bonjour) with IP addresses but no additional info (no ARD version number). Trying to add any computer prompts for user and password. All client computers have Remote management enabled and an ARD user has been created. Verification fails when attempting to connect to lab laptops.

This issue persists when I try to connect with the laptops and admin computer connected to Ethernet.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I also have several machines that appear in ARD, but with no control and limited data shown. No matter what I have changed, they are unable to be controlled in ARD. This is all in one network, using an Apple Airport Extreme, all software updates done on ALL parts. Of the machines that are able to be controlled, some are ethernet, some wi-fi, some snow leopard, some leopard. There does not seem to be any pattern that I can see. i would really like to sort this out before I start using this expensive software on a daily basis...

Back