Apple + S

twister

Howdy
Ok so i was having some minor problems and somehow locked up X.1 and on restart i decided to do hold down apple + s and run 'fsck'. I've done this so many other times in previous versions and it nicely checks and fixes any errors in my system. But it wouldnt work. I'd get a few lines of text then i'd get is a bunch of lines that said:

ADPT_OSI_IndicateGenerationChange (nop)
ADPT_OSI_IndicateQueFrozen: id5, unfreeze
ADPT_OSI_IndicateQueFrozen: id5, freeze

They just kept coming and coming untill my whole screen was filled and then they just kept coming more and more. They never stopped. So i hit restart again and started off the X.1 CD, ran disk first aid, it found and fixed some problems but i still cant apple + s on startup. Any clues why?

Thanks
Twister
Ohh and i did get my system back running. :rolleyes:

<smartass>Sounds like a problem with your ADPT_OSI thingy - which most likely ran rampant and obliterated your IndicateQue setting. Not fatal but a pain. Apple is working with the BSD geeks to figure this one out. Should be fixed in the next version.</smartass>

Sorry. I'm a bit sour that all my knowledge on troubleshooting Macs has been figuratively, thrown in the crapper since OSX came on the scene.

When OSX works - it works good. When OSX craps out - who the heck knows how to fix it?

-s'fit

Again. Sorry. This wasn't the thread to rant in.

I've run into this problem with my SCSI card when I don't have something terminated correctly. When I try to get into the shell, unless there is a disk in my Zip SCSI drive, this comes up repeatedly. Be sure you have any kind of disk in any drives, and try it again to see what happens.
JB

Back