Apple should just forget Georgetown

Satcomer

In Geostationary Orbit
After reading the article Apple Store Design Hits a Glass Wall Again I am starting to feel Apple should just walk away from Georgetown in Washington D.C.

In this economy when a successful score chain really wants to come to town but the snobs just won't budge then there is something else behind this decision. After three times Apple should just say forget it and move either to another neighborhood or just really take this to the press and local voters. If you go to Google Maps and put in the address: 1256 Wisconsin St NW, Washington DC : and go to Street View you will see the building they want to use.

I couldn't find the building through that address - the camera is exactly in between two houses with GAP stores in them...

It is unbelievable that Apple really payed $3 million for that building - I don't understand why they are so eager to build an Apple Store there... is the street very important?

It is a really stuck up kind of neighborhood that is left over with old money in DC. The parking really sucks hard on that street and there is no metro stops (the panning board always block metro's plans to come to the area, even buses on some streets).

Interesting is the upcoming yuppie neighborhood just a couple of blocks over is considering giving Apple a severely reduced building for almost nothing. It is becoming a real local battle between neighborhood now. Also the local gossip is this board comes up for reelection this next year and the locals are almost in revolt because of the current boards decisions. IMHO this current board days are numbered.

Back