Apple should re-enter innovation.

Ripcord said:
Without continual innovation in the current environment, Apple becomes more and more irrelevant, which is a shame since it should really be the market leader.

Let's not forget that Microsoft's Longhorn is leading the way in putting LOTS of whitespace into the GUI. We'll need 60 inch monitors to get everything on-screen.

The GUI that appears to be going into Longhorn looks like a toy (overly attractive interface elemtns). Apple seems to have found a blend of attractive interface elements and usability. I find the default toy-ish interface of XP quite non-productive. Thankfully it can be changed to the same old boring and tedious interface we love about Windows.

So if Apple isn't as innovating as much, who is? Novell? MS? Amiga? Atari? Commodore? ;) Someone else?

Randman said:
Well that's a bit of nitpicking.

As opposed to picking which part of a sentence you are going to reply to, rather than all of it?

For example:

"Compared to Katie Melua, Britney Spears is the single most talented performing artist to walk this planet." Discuss.

"...Britney Spears is the single most talented perfroming artist to walk this planet" Not so much discuss, as hunt me down for the sake of the gene pool.

See?

Randman said:
ps, welcome back Tommy. Thought aliens abducted you along with the other MIAs.
Oh! Wow! Thanks for noticing... :p

My work is very centered around April 15th Tax day and now that it is behind us I've finally had some time to spend on MacOSX.com... (IRS Aliens?)

Lots of new faces here...

Back