Apple Software Update Issues?

Qattara

Registered
Is anyone aware of any known issue with Apple's Software Update Servers?

I am unable to connect through Software Update. My internet connect ion appears okay - I can browse.

I recently reinstalled Mac OS X 10.0 on my G4, updated to 10.1. Everytime I try the Software Update, I receive the following error message:

"Software Update is unable to connect to the internet. Please check your configuration and try again."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had the exact same problem, what I did was redial to my ISP and reconnect, it worked at the third time...it means acording to the "experts" that your connection (ISP) is as shitty as mine:)

Something that might help, but should be fixed with 10.1 update:) ...Try surfing to www.apple.com and let that page load completely, then immediately try software update, should work then. Probably first download will be for software update itself, then others should be available after that. Also...try to update Sherlock, choosing any other category except file search, shouold automatically update rest of sherlock, uses same type of connection as software update.
good Luck!:cool: :D

I had this problem when I first installed 10. I had to totally re-do my Internet settings like TCP/IP and location, etc for it to work right, because for some reason Software Update was trying to use PPP instead of TCP/IP. So, try messing with your internet connection settings.

While on irc earlier someone asked if anyone could connect, I couldn't, along with about 20 others.

Back