Apple Store shows a G5 ad

pishnaris

Registered
Go to the Apple Store and select the PowerMacs...the top of the page shows some amazing stuff under the heading, "Choose your PowreMac G4". It goes on to say,
"The world's fastest personal computer.
1.6Ghz, 1.8Ghz, or Dual 2Ghz PowerPC G5 Processors."

It goes on from there, but it's gotta be a hack. It is on the Apple site, but it may not be for long.

Check it out. :D

Well, no Apple Store now...must have been a hack. Check MacRumors.com to see a post of the URL...I don't want my credibility to evaporate here....there's all sorts of posts about the site at MacRumors.

I'm looking at the Apple Store right now...it's still up. I doubt anyone would be able to hack into Apple.

Here's a screenshot:

Attachments

• g5specs.jpg
    g5specs.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 349
just took a look myself and there is no G5 specs must have been taken down

[edit] and now it says updating...

Frikkin' GOLD!! Izzy - I assume you didn't doctor that screenshot. That pretty much confirms what's going on I thinks... Boxes at applecentres (confirmed), all this talk - we all win! zonino!

Originally posted by buggerit
Frikkin' GOLD!! Izzy - I assume you didn't doctor that screenshot. That pretty much confirms what's going on I thinks... Boxes at applecentres (confirmed), all this talk - we all win! zonino!

We win, we win, we win, we win, we win!!! :)

I just took a screenshot of the Apple store (AUS). It's not doctored, I swear...

Attachments

• australia-store.jpg
    australia-store.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 271
I think my friend puts it best:

"Yonis Yuumei (12:44:38 AM): They might have been hacked...
Quantology (12:45:05 AM): doubt it
Quantology (12:45:09 AM): they're apple
Quantology (12:45:32 AM): and far more people would die over that (entire IT staff) than if one person f***ed up an upload"

I'm fairly certain those are the specs. w00t!!!

if i were to hack into an apple store, i highly doubt the only thing i'd do is post bogus specs... not saying it's true (hell, who knows), but the likelyhood is, in order:

1. Doctored screenshot
2. Actual specs, someone at apple screwed up, and very, very quickly tried to put it right (= store down)
3. someone at apple having fun
4. hackers

just a guess, but i'm blindly trusting izzy and i think we'll all be very, very happy on monday, and finally can stick it to the windows crowd when it comes to raw speed. ha! :D

OK, lets see. It says "Choose your PowerMac G4" but then all the processor choices are "G5", BUT you can only order G4's from the configs below. So we're to assume that someone from Apple just accidentally changed that one line that states the G5 speeds and updated the website? Someones doing some chain yankin here.

My guess is that when they updated the store (there are now Xserves on the main menu) they accidentally uploaded a gif that showed the specs for the new PowerMacs. It's fairly likely, only one image with the same filename...

It seems to be to good to be true! It feels like fools gold. It just feels strange because Apple is use to dual processors in the two high end pro towers. The brief spec only had duals in the highest tower. My gut just says hack. I'm just suspicious like that.

I hope I'm wrong.:rolleyes:

Take a look at buggerit's photo again. "Frickin" and "it's about goddammed" time are use in the specs... I don't think so. Someone very clever hacked the site.

i think he photohacked that one :p

as far as im concerned, i'll believe it when i see it

It was a good use of fonts by the bugger though. Took me a few seconds to see it, though I agree with the sentiment. :)

Back