Apple Store shows a G5 ad

As an amateur student of human thought I am curious. Why is the presence of 3 USB2 ports unreasonable? Also what do you mean by "PPC chip?" both Moto's and IBM's offerings in this area are PPC chips. The only way it would not be some sort of a powerPC chip would be if they were releasing Marklar on Athlons ;)

Also just to address the question of the title saying G4 and the description G5 those are in separate images on the page. For them to be different is actually more evidence of an accidental change. If the were in sync then there would have had to be 2 coordinated "accidents" which is really improbable.

Now that does not address the veracity of the source of the accident. It might well be that the design department was given the task of creating the web page for the new G5 which will be released someday. They did not have access to the real specs so they made something up and that is what we saw. However, on that last bit of conjecture my friend Occam (who is presently armed with a very sharp knife) is telling me the info was real.

-Eric

Correct, lurk. All you web designers could see how easily this mistake could have been made. :D

Although they might have been intentionally leaked as a teaser... :p Apple knew someone would notice... Hehe...

it seems that the rumor sites that Apple had asked to take down the information have received a $300 credit to the Apple store. Hack? I think not. You can tell by this that Apple still wants to keep things under wraps. Why else would they start handing out free stuff to have the info removed from the rumor sites?

Originally posted by tk4two1
it seems that the rumor sites that Apple had asked to take down the information have received a $300 credit to the Apple store. Hack? I think not. You can tell by this that Apple still wants to keep things under wraps. Why else would they start handing out free stuff to have the info removed from the rumor sites?

Well, I don't think this is the case, but Apple may have wanted to stem the spread of disinformation as well. Certainly if the specs released Monday aren't as good as the specs posted, this could potentially cause people/investors to be disappointed, and lessen the impact of the real announcement.

Rip

Regarding the three USB ports: could it be possible that apple is adopting the trade groups re-naming structure (all USB is USB 2.0 - just different speeds like "USB 2.0 Low Speed / Hi Speed / Full Speed)??

Originally posted by tk4two1

I gotta make myself a rumors website...;)

Back