apple studio display crt to g5?

kidxsai

Registered
can you connect the 17" apple studio display CRT to a g5? or do you have to buy something.

dont have enough to buy a cinema display =(

thx

yea my g5 came with that dvi to vga but i still cant connect my old blue/white 17" apple studio display CRT. one of the cords from the monitor fit into the dvi-vga connector but theres also the power outlet cord which i dunno where to plug into? when i had my g4 tower it would plug rite into the g4 but the g5 doesnt have a socket for it. i cant plug it into a outlet because it has this stupid case which wont make it fit and im sure it doesnt go into a power outlet anyway since it went into my old g4 tower. any help?

Cut the end off the power cord, the end that plugged into the G4, and get a regular grounded plug and put it on the end and plug into a wall outlet. I have 2 of these monitors and had to do this to one of them.

where would i go to buy one? a computer store? a mac store? or any hardware store? what exactly should i ask for? thanks alot

would it be safe and possible to just use a power cord off a pc? i dont wantr to mess up my brand new g5

THe best way is just to buy a monitor powercord from a PC store. Unplug the powercable from the monitor, and plug the regular wall outlet to monitor plug into th emonitor.

I've had to do this a few times. It sucks a bit, but better than hacking up your G5

If the power cords are the same, yes, you can use it. Some PC power cords are a bit thinner than the ones that ship with Macs, but I've used them without a problem before. For best results, get one that's as thick as possible.

Back