Apple Super Bowl Ad?

slo

Registered
Less than two weeks until the Super Bowl...

Will Apple pay the big bucks to advertise the Mac Mini? iPod Shuffle? Seems like the timing might be right.

slo

JetwingX said:
o_0 i hope you are being funny... because i don't want to see another iTunes/Pepsi promo

Nope. Not being funny. They have stated that they will do another promotion. However, this time Apple is going to have much more say in the commercial.

Yeah. The last one was done mostly in the Pepsi ad-campaign style: it didn't work. I hope this one's better.

And dammit, if they're going to do the same thing with the codes under soda caps, they damn well better get those pop bottles to the LA/OC area way faster. Took forever, and I had very little time to "win" songs.

At least you got them where you are. The local Pepsi distributor decided they weren't even going to participate in the program here in Memphis. I could use some free songs.

I don't understand WHY Apple wouldn't get their own Super Bowl ad. Seems like this would be the perfect time for them to get an ad with that much exposure. Sure getting an ad with Pepsi might save them a few bucks but Apple isn't hurting for cash right now.

Apparently, this promo is similar to the last one, but this time around, they're giving away 2,500 (or something like that) iPod minis -- one every hour. Redeem a code for a song, and you could win an iPod mini.

Apple does seem to be a bit clueless when it comes to advertising
in mainstream "channels" - you do not really see much advertising
done in non-mac publications, on television, or in newspapers.

Word of mouth is good, but it seems a more targeted and widespread advertising campaign would be much more
beneficial in the long run.

I see Apple ads almost once a month in Newsweek, as well as the iPod ads all over TV. For a while, I was really getting sick of the iPod ads all over TV (MTV, Comedy Central, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.).

Plus, their partnerships with hp (seen plenty of hp iPod commercials), Pepsi (one word: SuperBowl advertising) and U2 (Bono's iPod ad) are all over the place -- predominantly on TV. In addition, the "big-big" markets like New York, San Francisco and Paris feature big, colorful Apple advertisements on bus stops and the sides of big buildings.

Whenever Apple makes a big advance in computing technology, like with the G3 (Pentium snail & Pentium guy getting burned TV ads), G4 ("classified as a weapon" TV ads) and the G5 (guy blown through the side of his house TV ad), Apple advertises the hell out of it for a short period, and if you're a regular TV watcher, it's almost impossible not to have seen one of those ads on a mainstream channel.

Heh, i guess i just must have missed all that - i don't get out much - lol! Thanks for setting me straight :D

But the ad was lame anyway. Personally I'd rather my computer didn't throw me up against trees in the back yard. But maybe that's just me :-\

applewhore said:
but only in America!!! ;)
I see quite a few Apple adverts when in SEAsia. The U2/iPod/iTunes commericial runs in movie theatres. Lots of print adverts on the subways as well.

Back