Apple TV not visible in iTunes

memiles47

Registered
I have a MacBook Pro connected to an Airport Express and a mini WiFi network in my hotel room. The Apple TV connects fine to the network however I can not see it in iTunes. Any solutions?

Mike

P.S. New Mac user (MacDummy)

Thanks

Thank you for your response. I have set up a network using an Airport Express. Like I said the Apple TV recognizes it and log's on. I just can not see it in iTunes.

Open iTunes, go to "Preferences" and click on the Apple TV tab. Make sure "Look for Apple TVs" is checked and see if you see your Apple TV on the list above.

I can reboot the Apple TV it will ask which network to access. I point it to mine, it requests the password and it takes and then nothing shows up in iTunes. Very Frustrating.

I can reboot the Apple TV it will ask which network to access. I point it to mine, it requests the password and it takes and then nothing shows up in iTunes. Very Frustrating.

What kind of wireless security are you using? Is it filtering by MAC address or WEP?

I do not know how to check the firmware, but I do have the latest software.
I cannot see my library at all. When I try to add it, I never see the ATV in my device list, so I can't enter the code...

You didn't specify which version of ATV you're using, but note:

The new Version: "Apple TV" Gen 2 does not show up in iTunes sidebar ( I assume thats because you don't sync to it)

I've heard of problems using iTunes 5 with ATV Gen 1 but haven't verified myself.

Last edited:
Back