Apple's capturing methods.

RyanLang

Charlie Brown
Ever since I watched the Tiger demo movies on Apple's Mac OS X section of Apple.com I've been fascinated with how well they are captured. I used to play with Snapz Pro a while back, but these movies that Apple has posted seem to be extremely fluid and beyond Snapz capabilities. One could argue that they are obviously made on the absolute top of the line machines, but still, I wonder if Apple has some in-house software that achieves this great capturing by taking advantage of some of the new core technologies. Any thoughts (relevent ones)...

We discussed how Apple most likely has some internal software to produce those beautiful Desktop captures found on some of their pages:

http://macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51369&highlight=16:9

It wouldn't surprise me if they had some sort of custom software to produce fluid desktop animations as well. After all, they have access to the very foundations of super software such as FCP and Motion, as well as the underlying technology behind Quartz 2D/3D/Extreme and CoreImage/Video/Audio.

Yeah...i'd like to be a fly on the wall of the room they use to make these...i bet it would be pretty interesting.

Back