Applications quit unexpectedly on launch

HK Guy

Registered
Two applications – Photoshop Elements 3 and Canon MP Navigator 3.0 (which came with my Canon MP600 printer/scanner) both quit on launch. No other applications appear affected.

Elements gets most way through its start-up but quits on 'Building TWAIN Menu Items...'. MP Navigator quits immediately.

I have performed all the recommended actions: trashed and re-installed the applications, trashed preferences and trahed caches. No change.

Since MP Navigator contains a scanning application and Elements quits when it's doing some TWAIN-related initialisation, could there be a link? Image Capture is not affected.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks,

Nigel in Hong Kong

Mac: 15" 1.67GHz G4 Powerbook, 1.5GB RAM, OS X 10.4.9 right up to date with all updates.

As recommended in this (http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bbf0e69) thread from the Adobe forums (choose to login as guest to view the posts), you should put a tilda (~) in front of the twain pluggin so it doesn't load. This issue can be caused by a bad twain driver or can happen if you have a scanner or camera setup to use with Photoshop but that its not plugged in

That's cured the Photoshop problem. The Canon scanning app still quits but I'll do some more troubleshooting when I can get to the scanner and ensure it's connected. Thanks!

Back